Chapter 25

Kaz

"Nami;" I let out a quiet gasp before rushing over to her and pulling out some of the iron stakes holding her prisoner. "Hey answer me, hey Nami answer me." I say lightly tapping her cheek after I got her out of the stakes. She lets out a little cough before opening her eyes and she looks at me.

"Who are you?" She asks quietly and I chuckle.

"I'm a friend now how 'bout we blow up these damn trees?" I say helping her stand and she nods.

"Yeah let's do that." She says and I help her over to the fuse. I hold onto her arm lightly as she bends down and lights the fuse.

"Okay let's get the hell out of here now." I say before gently picking her up and throwing her over my shoulder. I run out of the Daft Greens towards Shiki's palace and Nami starts banging on my back a couple feet in.

"What are you doing? We need to get out of here before we're eaten by the animals on this island." Nami says and I turn back to look at the trees just as they blow up.

"Don't worry about that. You helped speed up my plan anyways." I say as the trees suddenly blow up and when the noise settles down I let out a loud whistle.

"What the hell are you doing? That'll just bring the animals towards us." Nami says and I just sigh.

"Will you shut up? You don't have to worry about the animals; I've got those covered." I say as I turn around and I only get five steps before Nami lets out a scream.

"It's a tiger; a tiger's after us." Nami screams and I turn around to see the flower tiger from before with the mouse thing sitting on its head.

"Oh it's you guys. Let's head to the main meeting room. We'll probably find Shiki there as well as your crew knowing that captain of yours." I say looking at Nami before climbing onto the back of the tiger and I set Nami behind me. "Hold on tight or else you'll fall off." I tell her as we take off at the tiger's fastest pace yet. Nami lets out a shriek before tightly wrapping her arms around my waist and most likely reopening my wound. I let out a quiet grumble but keep my focus on the task at hand.

"NAMI." A scream resonates through the air and I get the tiger to stop. I look over to where the sound came from and spot Usopp and Chopper on the roof beside us.

"Who are you?" Usopp asks me as he aims his Kabuto at me.

"I'm not the one you should be worrying about at the moment. Nami got Daft; there should be a cure somewhere in the palace." I say gently handing Nami over to Chopper. "If you guys are here then that means Luffy's after Shiki." I mutter before tching. "I was hoping to get that bastard." Some beams of light smash into the deck we're standing on and after we hit the ground I look up to see Shiki there.

"Now you've done it girl." Shiki says and I pull out a throwing knife before throwing it at him. He dodges it and goes to glare at me but his eyes widen in surprise when he spots me before narrowing; "Never thought I'd see you again."

"I was hoping to never see you again too but you've crossed a line." I say glaring at him.

"Oh what line have I crossed?" Shiki asks.

"A couple actually and I'd personally like to beat you to an inch of death but it appears there's someone else standing in line in front of me." I say and Shiki shrugs.

"Well let's get this over with then." Shiki says and the snow around us starts moving and it forms lion heads.

"We're surrounded!" Usopp shouts and I whack him on the head.