Chapter 46

Kaz

I slipped out of the duct into the room I was holed up all those years ago. It looks like nobody's touched it in years since a layer of dust was present over every surface in the room. Blankets still lie underneath the bed in the protective cocoon that I had used every night here. I walk over to the desk and lay down on my back. I slide underneath the desk and find the secret cupboard I made on my second day here while I still had the strength. I slide the piece of wood over allowing for the drop down box to slide down. I unhook the metal hooks that were attaching the box to the underside of the desk. Gently I lower the box and slide out from underneath the desk. I close my eyes and slowly lift the lid. Peeling one eye open I spot the black notebook along with a silver necklace. I let out a relieved sign and inspected the necklace for any damage. The silver raindrop necklace was unharmed and only a bit dusty. I rub my necklace gently with my shirt edge to clear it of the dust and slip it over my neck.

I place my necklace gently underneath my shirt and climb back into the air duct. Let's see I've got what I wanted so I can get out of here now. A shock courses through my body and I stop moving. Closing my eyes I glimpsed to the front of the facility to find the after math of a battle. I can't find Luffy anywhere; I open my eyes and sense where Luffy's Fruit is located. It's moving towards the central control room and it seems that Robin, Law, and Smoker are with him. It seems that they're knocked out and I sense Caesar moving away from the facility. It looks like I've got to go save their asses. I maneuver around in the small air duct and make my way towards the central control room.

I peek through the grate I was now at and stared down at the people who were tied up in a cage. There's Luffy, Robin, Franky, Law, Smoker, and Tashigi sitting there. I spot Vergo and Monet in the middle of the room. I feel like I have to save their asses a lot more than I had originally bargained for. I let out an annoyed breath and I sense a pair of eyes on me. I look back to find Luffy staring at me from the cage and Monet suddenly looks at Luffy before following his gaze to the grate.

"My, my, it appears we have an unwelcomed guest." Monet says before taking out the bottom of the duct where I just was. That was close, Monet keeps taking out the duct work until I get pissed off and punch her in the face.

"Stop that you damn Snow Bird." I growl before sliding out of the duct work. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to bust them out of that cage and we'll be on our way." I turn my back on Monet and walk over to the cage. I lean down and inspect the cage when I sense something.

"Behind you," Robin says and I just slide out of the way still inspecting the lock.

"Vergo if you'd be as kind as to not attack me from behind I would appreciate it very much." I say sending a glare at him and punching him before getting back to inspecting the lock.

"I can't let you do this whoever you are and soon you'll be joining them in there." Vergo says before charging at me.

"Looks like I have to take care of him before I can get you out of here." I sigh and dodge Vergo's newest attack before punching him again. We exchange blows and I was easily kicking his ass before Monet struck me from behind. She racked her claws along my back and I let out a small pained gasp.

"Why'd you interfere Monet?" Vergo asks the girl as I lay on the floor with blood flowing out of my back.

"If the fight kept going on you would've lost to him and the prisoners would've escaped." Monet quickly wrapped me in a chain and threw me in the cage between Luffy and Smoker. I let out another pained gasp when my back slides along the cage's floor leaving behind a trail of blood. Luffy gently somehow manages to flip me onto my stomach so my wounds aren't pressed against the ground and I go ridged when I sense Caesar enter the room.