chapter 15

Derek had been staying at Maddie's for a few days now, and she was honestly surprised that no one had caught wind of him being stuck in her room at all. She stayed inside of the house with him, only leaving once or twice for a few hours when she had a shift at the hospital. Thankfully it was the weekend, so she didn't have to worry about school. She had gotten to know Derek a little bit more, and he had gotten to know her as well. He still hadn't let on that he was a werewolf to her, and he didn't plan on telling her that little secret anytime soon either. Her dad was even on his better behavior lately too. Which made it so Derek didn't need to out himself because they both knew that if something was happening, Derek would be the first to jump to help her before thinking of how much trouble it would cause him.

Of course, that kind of luck wouldn't last forever.

She had been on her way inside of her house with some take out that she had picked up for her and Derek on the way home from the hospital when she found Isaac waiting for her on her front porch. She knew that this was bound to happen, she couldn't hide from him forever, not that she really wanted to anyways. She glanced up at her bedroom window to see Derek peeking don at her through the curtain. She sighed, knowing that he had to have been hungry and antsy by now. He had been locked in her room, forced to be quiet because of her dad, for the past few hours. She looked back at Isaac to see him standing up from her steps. She opened her mouth, about to tell him that it wasn't smart for him to be over here during the day, but he had cut her off. "My dad is over at the graveyard for the next couple hours. He won't know that I'm over here." he explained to her.

She didn't know what to tell him. She still felt ashamed of how she had acted the last that she had seen him. He was nothing but nice to her, and she had just thrown herself at him like some drunk skank. She was honestly surprised that he was still here trying to talk to her. "The, um, the food is getting cold." she told him as she tried to move past him. She brushed past him up the steps, but he had caught her arm as she got to his side. She ended up missing a step and falling back. She let out a small scream as the food fell from her hands. Luckily, he was there to catch her before she hit the hard ground. She breathed out in relief as she looked up at him.

Both of them were breathless as they stared back at the other. The world around them had seemed to melt away as it seemed to become just the two of them standing there alone. The kiss between them a week ago seemed to be all Isaac could think about as he looked down at her now. She just seemed to freeze, feeling as if she couldn't find it in herself to move. He reached down with his other hand and pushed back one of her fallen curls. She seemed to snap back to reality then from his touch. "You've got to stop doing that." she said out to him.

"Doing what?" he asked her.

She shook her head, but she couldn't seem to move from his arms. She didn't want to, but she didn't want to give him the wrong idea again either. She didn't want to be in a relationship with any boy, even if she did like Isaac. She didn't know what a crush felt like, but when she was with Isaac lately? She felt like she couldn't breathe, and it didn't feel any better when she wasn't with him either. "Being my Spiderman." she said out softly as she finally forced herself to moved from his embrace.

He looked up at her with a put out look, not understanding why she was pushing him away from her. He thought that they had been moving forward, not taking three steps back with their friendship. She picked up the bags, which thankfully still held closed Styrofoam boxes inside of them, and went to get to her front door. "Are you pushing me away because you've got a boyfriend hidden away in your room?" he blurted out to her. He watched on as she went stiff where she was standing, suddenly frozen once again because of his words to her just now. She spun around on her heels, not knowing where that had come from.