Chapter 2

Lauren POV

The next day around 6 I receive a phone call from my mom from work.
"Hey mom what's up? She is? Okay. Okay I'm on my way over. Love you too. Bye." I hang up and head to my office to get my things and make my way out the door locking it.

I see my best friend and Co-owner walking towards me. "Hey Lo you okay?" She says with a concerned face. "Yeah I'm fine Zoey's not feeling well she threw up today so I'm gonna go pick her up from my mom's house and take her home. Can you lock up for me please." I say running my hand through my hair and releasing a sigh.

"Yeah yeah of course, go we'll be fine here. Tell your mom I said hi" she says squeezing my arm and waving as I turn around head to my car. "I will! Thanks mani love you!" I shout walk towards the exit. "Love you too girl!" she shouts back. I get in my car and start it up and head to my moms house.

10 minutes later I arrive at my parents house and park my car in the drive way and head to my the door. I pull my key out that my parents gave me and unlock the door and go inside. Once inside I close and lock it back not wanting any intruders barging in. "Mom? Dad?" I shout through the house. "In the living room mija" I hear my mom shout back. I walk in the living room and see my 6 year old daughter Zoey laying on the couch rubbing her tummy and pouting. "Awwww my poor baby" I say walking over to her and kissing her forehead and bent down so we're eye level with each other. "Alright lay it on me babe, on scale from 1 to 10 how bad do you feel?" I say running my fingers through her hair to soothe her. "11" she says and starts tear up. "Okay, okay baby don't cry mommy's here" I say picking her up and sitting down on the couch cradling her in my arms while kissing her head trying to get her to stop crying."Can you tell mommy where it hurts at so I can try to make the pain go away" I tell her pulling back so I can see her face "right here" she says pointing to her stomach. "It's probably a tummy ache" I say to her. "I'm gonna head to pharmacy and pick up some medicine for you okay. I'll be right back." I say whispering in her  ear. She nods slowly. "Hey Mama I'm gonna be right back. I'm gonna head down to the pharmacy and find some children pepto-bismol for Zoey. I think it's a tummy ache" "okay go on I'll watch till you come back" my mom says taking Zoey into her arms. "Okay" I say standing up. "I love you munchkin" I say giving her a peck on the lips and then all over her face. "Okay okay I love you too momma" she says laughing scrunching up her nose. "Alright I'm leaving" I say heading out the door and back into the car.

I  walk into the pharmacy and head straight for what I need so I could get in and get out and head back to my daughter. As I walk down the isle looking for the pepto-bismol I glance over and see a woman walk past me and stands a comfortable amount of distance besides me looking for something. For some odd reason I know that heavenly smell. It's the smell I was hit with when I and Camila ran into each other at my store. I turn my head to get a better view trying not to make my self look like a creep. Yep.thats Camila alright I think to myself as I see her put her teeth in between her bottom lip.

I just smirk and look forward. "It's a pleasure seeing you here" I say loud enough for her to hear. She furrows her eyebrows while looking forward trying to think where that noise came from. Then she looks at me with wide eyes "Lauren!" She says with a soft smile as she looks at me. "Camila" I say smiling back still trying to find the medicine. "What are you doing here?" Camila says resuming to looking what she came there for. "My daughter has a tummy ache so I'm looking for some medicine for her" I say now looking at her admiring her side profile. When she looked back at me I thought I saw hurt flash through her eyes but it was soon fixed by a concerned ones. "Oh I'm sorry. I hope she feels better. What's her name?" She says sounding genuinely worried. I just smile a lil at her kindness "Zoey". "That's a pretty name." "Thanks" I say finding what I need then looking back at her. "So what brings you here" I say looking at her intently. "Logan has the sniffles from his allergies so I'm trying to find him some allergy tablets" she says picking up a box that says allergy tablets on them. "And I found them" she says looking down at them and then smiling back at me.

We walk in line wait for our turn. "So..Are you married?" She says sounding nervous not looking at me but flipping through a magazine before putting it back. I just chuckle as move up in the line. "Nope, I'm a single mother. You?" I say looking at her hoping she isn't even though that's rude. "Nope,single mom too" she says flashing me small smile that made my heart flutter. We lock eyes for a minute we're snapped out of it when cashier yells next. As I sit my things down I look at Camila and glance down. "Hey how about I pay that for you?" I say pointing the box of tablets in her hands. "No Lauren you don't have to do that" she's waving me off with her hand. "But I want to" I say with finality in my voice while keeping my eyes locked on hers while reaching for the tablets taking them out of her hands and giving them to cashier. When she finishes ringing them up Lauren gave her the exact change and took the bag and told Camila to lead the way out the door.

Once out side Lauren stopped and gave Camila her medicine. "Thank you Lauren, you didn't have to do that" Camila says taking the tablets looking up at the raven haired girl. "It was nothing and I wanted to Camila" I say flashing her my best smile. She sends one right back and turns on her heel and starts walking to her car. I follow in step beside her. "What are you doing" she says giggling looking at me and then back towards the front. "What does it look like I'm doing, I'm walking you to your car anddddd my car so happens to be parked next to yours" I say giving her a smug smile. She just laughs and playfully shoves me with her shoulder. When we get to our cars it gets silent as we both don't know what to say next. "Uhh well I better get going Zoey's probably wondering where I am but I was wondering...." I say looking at the ground shyly rubbing the back of my neck. "If I could get your phone number" after a second of silence which felt like an hour to Lauren she responded. " Yeah sure let me see your phone" she says with her hand out. My heart does a happy dance at the thought of getting Camila's number. I get my iPhone out and hand to her. She giggles looking back at me. "This is an adorable picture of you two." She's looking at the lockscreen picture that has me picking up Zoey from behind giving her kiss on the cheek while she's laughing. "Thanks" I say feeling heat rise up on my cheeks. Good thing it's dark out and she can't see it very well. "Here you go" she says handing me back my phone. I look to see she has her name in there as "Soccer mom😏⚽️" I just shake my head laughing at her. "And I sent my self a text from your phone so I have your number too" she says starting to walk around to the drivers side of her car. "Well I'll see you later Lo" she says starting her car up rolling down the window. My heart swells at the nickname. "Right back at you soccer mom" I say sending her a playful wink. She sticks her tongue out and pulls out the park lot waving.

I smile to myself as I watch her drive down the road thinking about how this girl is gonna turn my world up side down and I might just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I get in my car and head to my moms house now thinking about my number one priority that being my little baby girl.

What did you think about this chapter eh?😏 and so Camren begins hehe. Anywayssss comment vote whateva. Have a nice days boo😚😚