Chapter 7

"On your mark." Red. "Get set." Yellow. "Go." Green.

As soon as Lauren saw the light flash green she pressed on the gas pedal as hard as she could making her and Zoey's head go backwards hitting the headrest.

They zoomed on the straight away making there hair fly in the wind and skin tingling with goose bumps when wind hits there face.

Lauren and Zoey were the first one around the first sharp turn. They looked and saw the mother and her kids on the other side of the track trying to catch up with them.

Lauren locked eyes with the brunette and Zoey locked eyes with twins and both wiggling there fingers at them with a grin before making another twisty turn that's shaped like a zigzag. "We are so gonna win." The little girl says leaning back and relaxing in her seat.

They were now approaching there third lap and still going strong with a huge lead with one more to go. Lauren in first,Logan in second with Levi right beside him bumping him occasionally and Camila in last close behind then.

It was until then that they started slowing down for some odd reason. "Um mom.." Zoe says sitting up knowing they were starting to slow down. "why are you we slowing down?" Lauren didn't know why either and was just as confused as her daughter was. "I don't know it couldn't have ran out of gas" Lauren says looking down at the green pedal stepping on it multiple times trying to make it go faster.

Then out of no where one by one they started passing Lauren.

They all passed them wiggling there fingers like they had done to them in the beginning of the race. "No!No!No! we're gonna lose now!" Zoey says whining throwing her hands down in her lap lowering her head in shame.

They were now on the last lap and it's never been more intense. Lauren still pushes on the pedal trying to make it go faster, when not making progress she lets out a loud groan. "I'm sorry Zoe." The raven haired girl said with a sigh. "It's okay mom as long as we're having fun yeah?" Zoe says looking up at her momma with a smile that reaches her eyes. "Yeah!" Lauren says agreeing with her child.

So They started having fun and laughing when rounding the corners making weird noises with there mouths just being stupid and not caring if they lose anymore.

Then all of a sudden they started speeding up again."MOM MOM LOOK WE'RE GOING FASTER AGAIN!!" The girl screams clapping her hands. "ITS A MIRACLE!" Lauren shouts pumping a fist in the air before pulling down and back on the wheel when they started to lose control of the kart making Zoey laugh at her silliness.

They start laughing before hearing a big crash sound ahead that made them look ahead seeing Logan and Levi collide with each other making them both hit the railing on the side of the track causing them to turn the opposite way stopping. "Look what you did! Now moms gonna win!" Logan says throwing his hands in the air. "It was your fault for bumping into me when turning doofus." Levi says watching two guys running over and helping them turn back around.

Camila passes them and laughs when she should feel bad for her babies but she'll do that later when she wins and sees what Lauren is planning for their so called special date.

"Later boys!" Lauren and Zoey say passing them with smirks on there faces.

It was now Lauren and Camila left in the race and they were half way done before they reach the finish line and Lauren was not gonna give up now.

They were now 10 yards away from Camila and that's when Lauren noticed something that could help them. "Hey I know how we can win. See how when Camz turns she turns so far out." Lauren shouts over the loudness of the engine. "Yeah what about it?" Zoey said with confusion written on her face. "I'm saying when we come upon the last curve we make a sharp turn and zoom past her then BOOM we're home free!" The green eyed girl says glancing at her daughter before turning her eyes back on track. "You really think we could do it? " the little girl says with uncertainty laced in her voice. "Only one way to find out." Lauren shrugs.