Chapter 4

Camila's POV | the day of movie night

Ever since last week when Levi and Logan asked if Lauren and Zoey could come over for movie night they have been bugging me like crazy.

So after I drop the kids off at school Friday morning. I head home and call Lauren and see if she wants to meet up somewhere and talk about it.

Me and Lauren have been texting and calling each other a lot lately. It's just so easy talking to her but if I see her face to face and say something awkward I won't be able to hit the end button. So I wouldn't be lying if I said I wasn't the slightest bit nervous.

After the first ring she picks up. "Hello?" "Uh hey Lauren." Ugh I probably sound so awkward right now. "Hey what's up, you okay?" Lauren says sounding worried. I smile to my self at how thoughtful she is."I'm fine I was just uh wondering if your not busy that is if maybe you wanted to meet up somewhere and grab some coffee." "I mean you don't have to it was just a sug-" Lauren cuts me off with giggle that sounds like a baby kitten. She's adorable. "I would love too Camz" she says after her fit of light laughter. "Camz?" I say with a toothy grin on my face because no ones ever called me that so it makes it special. "Yeah i mean if you don't like it I could call you Camila or cam or mi-" now I laugh cutting her off. She sounds so cute when she's rambling. "Now look who's rambling. But it's fine Lo I like it.Its different. I like different." I say trying to make her more comfortable.

"Good. Okay well I'll meet you at the Cafe down town say in 15?" She says to me hearing slight movement in the background. "Yeah yeah okay cool see you there bye" I say biting lip holding back a smile. "Bye Camz" she says then hangs up the phone.

Wow. That went better than expected.

I hurry to my walk in closet and pick out my favorite pair of white ripped skinny jeans that make my booty pop and coral heels with a coral crop top not wanting to dress too over the top. I walk in my bathroom and take my hair out of a bun running a hand through my natural curls letting it hang loose. I apply minimal makeup and then check the time. Okay done in 10 and it takes me around 5 minutes to head to the cafe so I'll leave now.

I grab my car keys and hop in my new 2016 RDX make me way down to see the green eyed beauty.

While heading into to the cafe I can't help but think about all the bad things that could go wrong with this. Like what if she doesn't want to see my kids again or she doesn't want me to meet her daughter, but all that dissipates form my mind when I see the back of Lauren's head sitting in seat next to the window. Man even the back of her head looks attractive.

I make my way over to her giving my self a pep talk. I touch her shoulder and she looks up at me with a welcoming smile. "Hey you" she says standing up surprising me with a hug but I don't complain. My body relaxes into hers as I wrap my arms around her waist reciprocating the hug. I wish I could stay in her arms forever they're so warm and cuddly. But soon after she lets go and gestures for me to sit.

Moments later after we talk about random stuff  basically making small talk before waitress comes over and takes our order. "So how's Zoey feeling, I haven't heard of her from you since our last encounter at the pharmacy" I say trying to keep the conversation going and I also care about children. That's why I love my job at being a Pediatrician. "Oh she's doing much better. She had a stomachache like I expected  but after I gave her the medicine I bought she started feeling much better." Lauren says before taking another sip of her coffee. "How's Logan and his allergies? Along with Levi?" She says looking back up at me with those adorable now blueish grey eyes. "Logan's doing better he's not sneezing as much anymore and Levi's doing good, takin care of his lil brother. It was really cute actually, the night I came home from the pharmacy I walked in and saw them in our movie room with Levi's arm around Logan's while they were sleeping watching a movie." I say glancing out the window with a small smile on my face.

When I don't hear a response from her I take my eyes off the window and look back her and see her looking at me with a big grin on her face. "What?" I say sheepishly feeling heat rise up to my ears and cheeks.

I start feeling insecure under her gaze so I look down and push a few strands of hair behind my ear.

She just stares at me with a even bigger smile a little longer and then releases a small sigh. "Nothing you're just...really cute when you talk about them and ....just cute in general." She says glancing away muttering the last part with pink cheeks.

She's blushing and she just called me cute. Maybe she does like- "do you have a picture?" She says snapping me out of my thoughts. "Huh?" I say furrowing my eyebrows. "Do you have a picture of them sleeping how you described?" She says trying to elaborate more. "O-oh yeah I have it on my Twitter page on my phone." I say getting my phone out of my purse and unlocking my phone.

I got to my Twitter page click on the photo and hand the phone to Lauren. "They are so adorable Camz. How old are they?" Lauren says looking at the picture in awe. "8 and next month they'll be turning 9." I say starring at her while her eyes are still on the screen. "I didn't know you had a Twitter. What's your @ name?" She says handing me back my phone with an arched eyebrow and a smug smile. "Their's a lot you don't know about me." I say giving her a playful smirk and taking the last sip of my coffee. " "and it's Camilacabello89 " "Huh?" She says not hearing me. "That's my Twitter name, Camilacabello89." "Oh okay." She says with a bashful smile not meeting me Camila's eyes.

After about 20 minutes of talking and getting to know each other more and 3 minutes of playful arguing of who gets to pay for the coffee and food we start heading out and making our way out the front door.

As we hug for what seemed like an eternity we let go and say our goodbyes. Then all of a sudden I remember what I had wanted to talk to her about and call out her name.

"Yeah?" She says turning around making her way back towards me. "Okay so it totally slipped my mind but Logan and Levi have been bugging me non stop about you and how they want to see you again because you were so funny and" I say all in one breath. " so to stop them from driving me crazy I'd thought I ask you if want to come over with Zoey and have a movie night with us we always do every Friday night." I say looking at her before taking my teeth in between my bottom lip.

"Yeah that would be fun. I'll ask Zoey when I pick her up from school but yeah we'd be delighted and I've quite missed the boys too" she says twirling her keys around in her hand.

"Sweet okay. If you guys decide you want to come just let me know and I'll send you the address." "Alright will do" she says saluting me. I chuckle at how dorky she is. But a cute dorky.

"Okay well I better get going I have to pick up some stuff for the movie night and then pick kids up from school and then take them soccer practice but call or text me if you can come tonight. Bye Lo. " I Say slowly walking backwards towards my car.

"Later soccer mom." She says giving me the same wink and smirk she gave me in the parking lot out side the store last week.

What is this woman doing to me.

I get in the car and start it up before hearing someone honk scaring me half to death then realizing it was Lauren's car driving behind mine with her waving with on hand out the window. I wave back and lean back in my seat looking at the time. We spent 2 hours in there! If felt just like 30 minutes in there.

"AAAAHHHH" I squeal out of nowhere in joy thinking about how I might get to see Lauren and meet her daughter tonight. Plus the boys will be happy that she might get to come so it's like a win win for us.

I back out and head to the market with the raven haired girl with breath taking eyes once again on my mind.

Deuces✌🏾️😎😚