#6

It's Thursday afternoon, and you are on the phone to your best friend while h/n is playing some video game one of his friends loaned him. Your friend's boyfriend suddenly steals the phone and begins talking to you.

"Oh hey, Conner," you laugh.

H/n pauses his video game and looks at you.
"Who's Conner?" He whispers, one of his eyebrows raised.

You roll your eyes. He had been minding his own business up until now.

"Nobody," you say, holding the phone away from him. "Sorry, what was that?" You say, missing what Connor had just said. He tells you a story about what had happened at school and you start laughing.

H/n stiffens, leaning closer to you so he can hear. Your friend manages to steal the phone back.

"Hey, we have to go soon," she says. "He's taking me out for our anniversary."

"Aww, that's so cute," you laugh.

H/n looks at you frustrated. "Y/n what's he saying?" He whispers.

You ignore him and listen to your friend.

"Thanks. You know we could arrange something where you and h/n come with us on like a...a..."

"A date?" You put in. H/n tenses even more.

"Y/n what's going on?" He says, not bothering to whisper.

Ok, that was kind of a tease. You should have said double-date. You say goodbye to your friend, and h/n bombardes you with a million questions.

"Who is he? How old is he? Do I know him? Where does he live?"

You sigh. "Relax, he's f/n's boyfriend."

H/n relaxes a little bit. "But what about your 'date'?" He says, moving back to his side of the couch.

"I meant to say double-date," you laugh as you turn off your phone and rest on his shoulder.

"You said date." He says resuming his video game.

"Well," you say. "I may have been teasing." H/n sighs and rolls his eyes.

"But you know, Connor's pretty cute," you joke. H/n forces a laugh.

"I love you, you know that right?" You ask ruffling his hair.

"I know," he says, pausing his game. He kisses the top of your head. "I love you too."