#36

(YOUR POV)

I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel of my car, watching the entry to the night club and waiting for h/n to come out. He was out with some friends and he had asked me to pick him up, but he asked me to meet him thirty minutes ago and he still hadn't come out. I check the time on my phone one last time and step out of car, deciding the he must have just lost track of time.

I push the heavy door open and am instantly greeted by the sound of loud electronic music. It didn't take me long to find h/n, he was sitting at the bar with some friends I knew, and some I didn't recognise. His arms were crossed and his jaw was clenched, a combination that meant he was mad about something. As I awkwardly shuffled between the dancing bodies towards where he was sitting, he noticed me and his features immediately softened.

"Hey babe," he said as I got closer. His hand reached for mine and he laced our fingers together.
"I was wondering where you were, I was waiting outside for you and-"
"Shit! Sorry babe, I lost track of time," he says, placing a kiss on my cheek. Before I could say anything else, I hear my name being called and look up to see a guy staggering towards h/n and I, who I assumed was a friend of h/n's.

"Look who it is! Y/n!" His breath reeked of alcohol so much that I almost did't notice h/n's grip on my hands tighten. I didn't know this man, but he seemed to know me and the way he was looking at me made me more than uncomfortable. "You weren't lying when you said she was gorgeous, huh h/n?" He slurs, and h/n's grip around my hand tightens even more. "The things I would do for a girl like you," he says and places a hand on my arm. I raise an eyebrow and move my arm away, trying to repress the urge to slap this guy across the face. "Or rather, the things I would do to a girl like you." He winks at me and gives me a suggestive smirk as he moves his hand towards my thigh, but before he could do anything else, h/n's fist collides with his jaw and he staggers back in pain.

My eyes widened in shock and I snap from h/n to the guy he just punched. His hand was gingerly touching the wound on his face, and his eyes narrowed when he saw the blood on his fingers. "Gee, someone's angry," he teased as he walked closer to h/n.
"You know what, I'm sorry about what I said about your girl. She's not special, she's just a whore." I step back in shock, but h/n steps forward and delivers another hit to his face although this time, h/n doesn't get away unscathed, instead he finds himself on the receiving end of a hit to the cheek. His cheekbone immediately turns bloody and red and my hands cover my mouth in horror. "Enough!" I scream but the fighting continues and tears begin to rapidly form in my eyes. I turn to two of h/n's friends that I know, and they rush in and hold them both back.

H/n continues to shout at the guy and struggles so much that another one of his friends came to help hold him back. I quickly move in front of his face to obscure his view of the other guy.
"I'm so sorry," I say to one of h/n's friends as I try to calm h/n down.
"Don't worry about it," his friend says, letting go of h/n as he calms down. "He was saying some pretty bad stuff about you to h/n earlier, and I guess he just finally snapped." I nodded, remembering how he was clearly mad at something before I arrived. H/n had finally calmed down and the other guy seemed to have left.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I didn't mean to get violent in front of you," he whispered, trying to put his hands on my cheeks. I grabbed his wrists, not wanting his bloodied knuckles near my face. He sighed and looked to the ground. I silently pulled him out of the club and to the car. He followed willingly, still looking at the ground as he got in the car.

+++

The drive home was silent and as soon as we got home I took him to the kitchen to clean the blood off his hands and face. I reached for a small cloth and damped it under the tap as he sat on a chair, eyes still focused on the ground. I walked over to where he was sitting and began to clean the blood off of his knuckles.
"Please," he whispered, looking up at me. "Say something." I let out a small sigh as I continued to wipe blood off of his hands. "I don't know what you want me to say, h/n."
"Please, just say anything. Yell at me. Just talk to me," he pleads.
"I'm not going to yell at you," I sigh, dropping his hands and beginning to wipe the blood off his cheekbones and jaw, which - might I mention - are a work of art (but that's slightly irrelevant).
"You should," he sighs. I try my best not to look at his eyes, but I can feel his gaze focused upon me.
"And why is that?" I whisper, finally meeting his gaze for the first time since we got home.
"Because I shouldn't have lost my temper like that. I really didn't want to get so angry in front of you, but he was doing that on purpose! He wanted me to get angry," he huffs.
"Why would he do that?" I say, still gently scrubbing the blood off of his face. "I thought he was your friend?" H/n shakes his head.
"He isn't. Never was. He's a friend of a friend and I try not to be around him as much as possible because he just makes me so angry, and I knew that I'd eventually end up ... y'know... beating the shit out of him." I let out a small chuckle and his face lights up a little. "He was extremely creepy," I say as I finish cleaning his features. "In fact, I wasn't going to admit it but I was kinda glad that you stood up for me," I say, wrapping my arms around his neck. He smiles and rests his forehead on mine. "Anything for you."

+++

the ending sucks lmao but i finally updated! all of my recent imagines seem to be him getting jealous and you guys are probably getting sick of that by now but idk what to write. you guys can comment suggestions/requests if u want so i can get some ideas

love you all x