#24

"Hi baby," your boyfriend coos as he walks through the door to your house.

He puts down his bag and walks over to you.

"Wow. Puzzles. You really are boring," he teases, sitting down next to you where you were trying to finish a huge puzzle.

You roll your eyes. "My mum wants to finish this puzzle and frame it for her office and she asked me to help," you say as he playfully nudges you.

"You know, I'm trying to finish a puzzle as well," h/n says.

You hum, mostly preoccupied with the puzzle. When you don't reply, h/n picks up the puzzle box and reads it aloud.

"Oh cool. Hours of fun and ignoring your boyfriend," he teases, tickling you so you pay attention to him.

He grabs your wrists so you turn to face him, a smile on both of your faces.

"As I was saying," he smiles as you stare into each other's eyes. "My life feels like a puzzle and I don't think I've got too many pieces in the right place." He says, seriousness returning to his voice.

"C'mon h/n, surely you've got at least one piece in the right place," you say smiling, trying to cheer him up. You love h/n, but you wish you could go back to the mood he was in when he was teasing you about being boring. He had been really stressed out lately and the few moments where he was his usual self you wished would last longer.

"Yeah, I think you're right," he says, a slight smile returning to his face and your heart lifts. "I definitely have made one very good decision in my life."

You smile and he leans closer to you. "Oh yeah? And what might that be?" You whisper, your noses almost touching.

He leans even closer, about to kiss you then he whispers, "You."