#27

"Don't forget to lock the door!" You call to your boyfriend as you step outside.

It was Saturday and you had planned to spend the afternoon with h/n at the mall. Grey clouds loomed above and it looked as if it was going to rain - good thing you were taking the car.

H/n joins you outside by the car and locks the door shut behind him.

"Crap," he says loudly, patting his pockets. "I've forgotten my keys!"

This wasn't good.

"And you've just locked the door?" You ask in the hope that he hadn't listened to you (which was something that you thought you'd never hope for).

He nods and you let out a sigh.

"Fantastic."

H/n rolls his eyes and makes his way around the side of the house to the gate.

"Where are you going?" You call after him, not wanting to be left alone in the rain.

"To the side gate. Maybe I left the back door unlocked."

You follow, hopeful that he did forget to lock the back door. He rattles the gate and when it doesn't open, you both let out a sigh.

"If I give you a boost, can you climb over the fence and unlock it for me?" He asks and you reluctantly agree.

He easily hoists you up onto the fence where you sit quite uncomfortably. Lucky you chose to wear jeans and not a skirt.

You carefully slide onto the other side of the fence, where you are greeted by h/n's dog.

"Hello," you smile, patting him on the head. "It's just me, I'm not breaking in or anything."

You unlock the gate for h/n and you make your way to the back door, only to realise that it too is locked.

"Great," he sighs, turning around to lean against the door.

"It's about to get even better," you say sarcastically as it begins to rain.

You and h/n make a dash for cover, which so happens to be under a big tree in his backyard. You sit down at its base and he puts his arm around you, pulling you close so you both are under its cover.

H/n's dog joined you as well, finding a comfy spot at your feet.

"How long until your parents get back?" You asked, looking up at the grey clouds which showed no signs of clearing.

"Half an hour, why?" He asks, resting his chin on the top of your head and you laugh.

"As much as I love sitting under a tree with you in the pouring rain - and I do, I really do, more than life," you say sarcastically and h/n laughs. "I would rather be inside walking in the mall."

You lean your head against h/n's chest and watch the rain fall from the sky.

"Well I love the rain." H/n says and you press yourself closer to him to keep warm. "I love the sound on the roof, I love the smell of wet pavement and right now, I love it because it means I get to be close to you."

He ends his list by kissing you and you suddenly felt there was no where else you'd rather be. Just pressed close to h/n.