#17

You wake with a start to a combination of loud banging drums and other instruments creating suspenseful music. You panic for a minute, before realising where you were. You were on your couch, resting on h/n's shoulder. His arm was around your shoulders, pulling you closer to him and several blankets were draped over the both of you.

"You ok?" He asks, rubbing your shoulders as a movie plays in the background.

You nod your reply as you reach for your phone to check the time. As you do so, a loud bang sounds outside and you jump a little.

"What was that?" You say, leaning back into h/n.

"There's a really nasty storm outside," he replies. "There've been heaps of warnings while you've been asleep." Storms usually don't scare you but this one sounds pretty serious.

"H/n, it's late you should go home," you say after checking the time and jumping after another round of thunder and lighting.

"And drive in a storm after there have been warnings? I think not," he grins, tucking you under his arm. "And besides, why would I leave you alone when your jumping at every noise," he says, laughing.

You smile. "It's thunder and it's bloody loud!" You say defensively, cuddling into him more.

You yawn and close your eyes and h/n grabs your hand and rubs small circles on the back of it. You realise you're falling asleep and force your eyes open, before yawning again.

"Sleep," h/n says, rubbing your shoulder. "I'm not going anywhere."
You manage a small smile and press your face into his shirt.

"I love you," you mumble, your words muffled by his shirt.

"I love you too."