#37

You pulled into the gas station and hopped out of the car, instantly shivering at the chilly breeze that awaited you outside.

"I'm gonna fill up, be back soon," you called to h/n as you swung the car door shut.

He nodded, then turned back to his phone and sat quietly in the passenger seat of your car.

You and h/n were on your way to a new restaurant for a much needed date night. He'd been talking about this place for a couple of weeks and you decided you'd take him as a surprise. He was always doing things to surprise you and you were glad you had to chance to do the same for him.

You were making your way to the gas station when a large red pickup truck pulled in to fill up. The driver obviously wasn't paying attention as he bumped into you and pushed you off balance. You didn't fall – just stumbled a little and your brand new jeans were now dirty with mud from his truck.

You narrowed your eyes as the driver got out of his truck, not caring at all that he had just hit you.

"Hey!" You yelled, grabbing his attention. "Watch where you're going!"

The driver turned his head to look at you, then turned back to the machine, deciding to ignore you.

You narrowed your eyes at him. "Ass," you mumbled as you brushed the mud off your jeans and gave him one last glare before walking to the store.

He seemed to hear, because he turned to face you with an angry expression. Of course, now that he had been insulted he was paying attention to you. He stopped what he was doing and moved towards you. "What did you call me?"

You tried to look somewhat threatening, but your muscles had stiffened and you were frozen in place. He was much bigger than you – and probably stronger – but you weren't going to let him see that you were scared.

Before either of you could do anything else, h/n came charging out of the car, his fists curled up. "What did you say to my girlfriend?" His jaw was clenched like it always was when he is angry.

The man didn't stand down but h/n kept heading towards him. You moved closer to stop him but he walked past making a beeline for the driver. "Nobody threatens my girlfriend."

You blushed a little, you loved it when h/n was protective.

The man swung his fist at him but h/n ducked out of the way and delivered a blow to the man's jaw. The driver backed up and h/n was about to h/n again when a security guard came running out from the store. He stepped between h/n and the driver, holding his arms out to separate them. Once he was sure they had calmed down he turned to h/n.

"I'm going to need to see you in the store. Ma'am, please wait in your car."

H/n followed the store guard inside like a child being taken to the principle, but he didn't seem to regret what he had done. He seemed proud of himself.

You rolled your eyes and got back into your car, waiting for h/n to return. You started to worry about missing your reservation, but after a few minutes, h/n came out of the store. He walked towards the car, a sheepish grin on his face.

"I got in trouble," he grinned, hopping into the passenger seat.

You rolled your eyes. "I know. I saw."

"Are you mad?"

You shook your head and did your best to hide the smile on your face. "No, I should be, but I'm not. You came to my rescue."

He grinned. "Now hurry up, I don't wanna miss our reservation."

"How did you find out about that?" You frowned, pulling the car out of the gas station.

"I love you, but you're horrible at keeping secrets," he said, a smirk on his lips. "Let's just hope there's no more bad-guys I have to save you from," he teased.

You rolled your eyes. "Ha ha, very funny."

"What? You know you love me."

You smiled. "Yes I do."

+

hey guys, i'm back! this one was kinda short but I hope you enjoyed. hopefully will be writing some more soon so if you have ideas for imagines you'd like to see comment them and i'll see what I can do :)

anyway, have a great new year and fingers crossed 2017 will be better!

love you guys! x