27

Liv's Point of View
"Luke, please stop," I say, my cheeks blushing as red as a tomato. The compliments continue to spill out of his mouth and I don't think I can handle another word. I'm certainly not used to this kind of attention and it's beginning to overwhelm me.

"I'm so sorry, Liv," he apologizes. "I just -- wow," he cuts himself off.

I place my finger against his lips thus preventing him from speaking another syllable. "I swear if you say another compliment," Surprisingly, he manages to interrupt me despite my finger pressing on his lips.

"You'll kick me so hard I won't be able to reproduce?" He cracks a small smile as he repeats a threat I texted him ages ago. Truthfully, I'm quite surprised he actually remembered that.

"I just might," I warn as I slowly remove my finger from his mouth. It was starting to stir up rather interesting thoughts in my mind that I'd prefer not to think of right now.

"Did you ever think this would actually happen?" The sound of his voice pulls me away from my thoughts. I look at him quizzically as I think through his question.

"Never," I admit.

"I didn't either, but damn I hoped and dreamed it would."

The two of us finally made our way over to my couch, and sat down on either end of it. The gap between us was immense considering my couch was the size of a small sailboat.

"You did?"

"Absolutely. Even before we started talking," he shyly admits. His eyes have fallen from mine as he stares intently at a picture on my coffee table.

"Care to explain," I say in an attempt to further this conversation. I'm more than curious about his hopes and dreams.

A nervous chuckle escapes into the cool air surrounding us as he begins, "Well, uh, it may come as a shocker but I've never been good with girls. Like at all."

As the words trickle out, I slowly make my way towards him.

"I've had a few relationships here and there, but they were all disasters. In the beginning, I was always hopeful they'd work out and after a few months, I had the same revelation about each one -- they either wanted me because of the success I've achieved over the years, or they were trying to get to other people through me."

I move a few more inches.

"After my last girlfriend, Halley, I took a break from girls completely. Let's just say that relationship really took a toll on me, so I decided not to take any less than what I really deserved."

I'm now sitting on the breakpoint in between the two couch cushions.

"This part is going to sound really cheesy, but," he takes a slight pause and carefully scratches the back of his neck before continuing, "I started having these dreams that I'd finally meet this amazing girl with a killer personality. She was everything I had ever wanted, but every night I would wake up before I got a chance to really get to know her. I wanted to know everything there was to know -- her dreams, nightmares, fears, hopes, and most importantly her outlook on the world."

"I know it sounds stupid, but damn I've just waited a long time for this."

During the entire time he spoke, I gradually made my way next to him without him even realizing. It made me happy that he was so into this that he couldn't even be distracted by my subtle movements.

I can tell he's telling the truth when it comes to this subject. It's something he's really passionate about.

"I've had many superficial relationships in my life -- boyfriends and even the people I considered my absolute best friends," I speak up.

He jumps a little once he notices I'm less than an inch away from him.

"Our conversations always consisted of such pointless subjects and throughout them all I had always craved more. I wanted to dive in and explore every bit that there was to find."

His eyes lock onto mine -- the intensity of his blue sparking a fire within the green of mine -- and in that moment I feel a connection that I've been deprived of with everyone else I've ever known.

"I want to know everything there is to know about you, Luke."

All of a sudden, I feel a strange sensation and look down to find his hand laying on top of mine. I gracefully intertwine our fingers, immediately feeling his squeezing mine tightly.

"And I with you, Liv."

i want this in a relationship tbh

omfg you guys i finally heard she's kinda hot on the radio for the first time and i literally freaked out :')
-jules