32

Third Person Point of View
After their time alone in her bedroom, Luke and Liv exited into the living room hand in hand. The guys looked at them with huge smiles on their faces as they looked at them with pure joy.

Each of them had their ears pressed tightly against the door, but scrambled away quickly at the sound of Luke and Liv walking toward them. In order to make it seem as though everything was normal, they were sat on the couch as if they'd been there all along.

Even though they knew that it went more than well, Michael couldn't help but ask anyway.

"So, how'd it go?" He started to bounce up and down in his seat, incapable of holding in his excitement.

Since Luke was the youngest in the band, they all felt the need to protect him, especially when it came to girls. The protectiveness was shared between all of them, but there were times when Michael went the extra mile.

He would stay up with Luke for hours discussing what went wrong while they indulged in a few beers. Or they would sit silently as they constantly played video games because there were moments when no words were needed.

When Michael thought about Luke being hurt, he would just get a sense where he needed to do whatever he could to make it better, which is interesting considering they despised each other back when they first met.

As Luke and Liv looked at each other with smiles on their faces, Michael knew that he wouldn't have to step up this time. There wouldn't be a need for late night drinks or silent video game sessions. He was convinced that this would last a long while, and if for some reason it didn't, he'd be ready to do what was needed.

"Really well," Liv finally answered.

"Extremely," Luke added.

His friends beamed and soon enough realized that they should probably leave them alone for a bit -- actually alone and not just with a wall between them.

"Well, we're gonna get going," Michael started.

Calum looked to him and quickly agreed. He pulled Ashton along by the arm as he passed by, and one by one they filed through the door.

It slammed behind them sending a slight shiver through Liv's body.

"So, what should we do now?" She immediately gravitated toward Luke who was leaning against the wall.

He smiled down at her and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Honestly," he started. "I could do absolutely nothing with you and still have the best time ever."

He would be perfectly content to just lie around and stare at the ceiling as long as he got to do it with Liv by his side.

She pondered for a moment, thinking what they could possibly do. Although she would also be content doing nothing, there had to be something that they could do to make this the best first day together -- however, it'll be mighty difficult considering what's already occurred.

"I have an idea," Luke pipes up.

"Tell me," Liv hummed against his chest.

Her head rested perfectly against it as Luke recited his marvelous idea.

"I happened to notice a guitar sitting in your bedroom before," he trailed off for a moment before continuing, "and maybe I could use it to my advantage.

The rumbling against Liv's cheek made her smile from ear to ear, and the words falling from Luke's lips made her cheeks hurt from smiling even bigger.

"You wanna play it for me?"

She moved her head from his chest and looked up to him through her eyelashes, patiently awaiting his response.

"I wanna sing for you, babe."

Butterflies erupted in her stomach. She couldn't fathom that this was actually happening. Luke wanted to sing for her, and only her. Holy crap.

He detached from her and walked away to grab her guitar. It happened to be a birthday present given to her by her grandparents when she was nine years old, and the moment she started playing, she couldn't stop -- she was hooked.

It took a little while but she eventually became really good at it, and along with her semi-decent vocals, she wasn't half bad.

As he came back into the living room, she noticed a spark in his eyes. She could tell he was excited to play for her, and clearly she was excited as well.

"You play?" He asked as he took a seat on the ottoman in front of her.

"Yeah, but I'm not the greatest."

"Well, maybe you can play for me afterwards," he winked.

He had thought long and hard about this moment -- when to do it and what song to play. This seemed to be a perfect opportunity and the song he chose was one she's bound to love.

As his fingers strummed the first few chords, Liv's ears perked up immediately. She could tell what song he was playing and it took all of her strength not to cry on the spot.

He woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes,
Started making his way past 2 in the morning,
He hasn't been sober for days.

He sounded amazing.

She's seen plenty of YouTube videos of him, but none of them could compare to this. The sound of his voice in person was beautiful and it echoed perfectly off the walls, so she was completely surrounded by the melodious sound.

Forgive me, I'm trying to find,
My calling, I'm calling at night,
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?

This song has so much meaning to her and whenever she felt down, she'd listen to it in order to boost her mood.

She swore that Alex Gaskarth's vocals could cure any illness, and as she listened to Luke's rendition, she could say the same about him.

She's been running through my dreams,
And it's driving me crazy, it seems,
I'm going to ask her to marry me.

Tears begin to form in Liv's eyes. She knows what's coming next, so she quietly sings along.

Luke's eye contact has been going back and forth between the guitar and Liv, but as he sang this verse, he looked straight at her.

Even though she doesn't believe in love,
He's determined to call her bluff,
Who could deny these butterflies?
They're filling his gut.

Months ago, Liv swore to Luke that she didn't believe in love, and he replied with the exact verse from this song. Now here they are, sitting face to face as he sings the words that she's been incapable of believing until now.

He's determined to call her bluff, and she's positive that he's already succeeded.

i absolutely adore this song and feel the same way liv does. it would be so amazing if they would actually cover it! in fact i think we should start a petition for them to do so haha :')

hope you guys enjoy this! it's also the longest chapter so far, so yay!

video attached of alex being cute and his fantabulous vocal skills :)
-jules