29

Liv's Point of View
We were close. So freaking close. I swear whoever knocked on the door and interrupted the moment I was having with Luke is going to be sorry their knuckles ever touched the wood.

Luke's footsteps are soft against the carpet as he follows behind me, but not as closely as I would've preferred. He's a good three feet behind, but considering how long his legs are, he could totally reach my spot in two seconds in case there's a burglar waiting outside.

Although, the moment my hand twists the doorknob, I can hear fits of laughter coming from outside, which definitely rules out my previous thought.

"Oh, crap," Luke mumbles. Clearly, he can tell whose at the door and soon enough I can tell as well before even seeing them.

The door opens to reveal none other than Calum, Michael, and Ashton. Huge smiles decorate their chiseled faces as they take in the sight in front of them.

"Hey!"

"Hi!"

"How you doin'?"

"Did we interrupt something," Calum suspects, glancing between myself and Luke. He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively and I can only imagine that this how he is all the time.

"Yes, Luke and I were about to have sex," I deadpan.

The looks on their faces were better than I ever could've imagined.

Eyes wide open like deer in headlights, mouths hanging to the floor waiting to catch flies, and random mutters spilling from their lips.

"Yeah, thanks a lot, guys," Luke says, successfully going along with my joke.

His response sent them into overdrive.

"Are you kidding?"

"You just met!"

"Holy shït!"

Laughs echoed around the room as Luke and I let them ramble on. It took a few moments, but they eventually understood that we weren't being serious.

I stepped away from the door to allow them passage into my apartment, and as they followed suit, they gave us some dirty looks. Luke put his hands up in surrender and told them to lighten up. I'm sure they mess with each other more than that, so there's really no reason for the major freak out. At least, I don't think there's any reason for it.

"So, besides the false sexual comments, how's it going between you two?" Michael asks as he plops onto the couch.

Luke and I share a look before he answers, "Its going great so far," a slight pause, "that is until you guys showed up."

Michael scoffs at his comment as he proceeds to observe the rest of the room. He looks from one picture to the other and makes little sounds as he goes along.

Ashton is leaning against the wall as though he's afraid to actually make himself comfortable. I try to tell him that he can take a seat, but he politely refuses and simply stays put.

Calum on the other hand is making himself very comfortable. He's sprawled out on the couch with his legs on the coffee table, and a small smile resting on his face.

"Are you comfy, Cal?" I ask.  He glances up toward me and nods his head.

It's kind of weird that we never really had formal introductions, but I guess they're not really necessary. They obviously know who I am and I clearly know who they are.

And even if I didn't know who they were, I still wouldn't mind the lack of introductions. Being around them feels completely normal, as if we've been best friends for years.

I've never had this feeling before, but it's nice and calming.

Luke walks up behind me and rests his chin on top of my head while his arms snake around my waist. I sigh in content as I realize that I've found something I've been lacking for awhile. 

Happiness.

eh this chapter is kinda boring. i apologize since it's mostly just a filler.
hopefully, you guys enjoy it though, and i'll definitely update again today!
-jules