38

Luke's Point of View
As I'm playing through She Looks So Perfect, I can't help but stare at Liv the entire time. I'm so happy she's here and I can't wait to hear what she thinks of our rehearsal.

Normally, we don't have any other spectators besides all of the crew, so it's weird knowing there's someone else's opinion to consider. Our rehearsals consist of goofing off more than actual practicing, so I'm not sure if she's impressed by our behavior or not.

Although she's been rocking out to every song and laughing whenever we talk shït to each other, so hopefully her opinion is a good one.

Once we finish SLSP, we're allowed to take a fifteen minute breather until we head outside for the real thing. I can already hear the screams outside.

"You were incredible," Liv breathes into my neck as I hold her in my arms.

She's so small compared to me and I love that -- it's so easy to wrap her in my arms and rest my head on hers.

"Thanks, baby," I smile. I've literally been smiling the entire time and I might look like an idiot, but truth is I could care less.

She pulls away slightly, just enough to tilt her head up and says, "Well, that's a new one." I look at her, confused as to what she's talking about. "Baby? You've just never called me that before."

"Oh," I say, suddenly nervous. "I, uhm, I don't have to call you that if you don't want me to."

She quietly laughs at my response, and now I'm really confused.

"No, it's not that I don't want you to," she pauses, "It just caught me off guard, that's all."

"Oh," I sigh in relief. "So, it's okay if I call you that, right?"

"More than okay," she smiles, and I automatically smile as well. If it was possible, I swear her smile could cure the world's worst illnesses.

"Alright, lovebirds," Michael calls out, "it's time to head outside."

I place a kiss on her forehead and grab her hand within mine as we walk outside together. The moment we step through the door, the screams fill my ears.

There are about fifty to one hundred fans surrounding the building. We had intended for this to be a tiny get together, but I guess I can't really complain much.

As I'm taking in the people surrounding us, Liv suddenly drops my hand. I quickly glance in her direction and she simply smiles at me before walking off toward John. He told us earlier that she could stand by him.

"How are you guys doing today?" Ashton asks, and he's answered with an even louder chorus of screams.

I was too busy watching Liv that I didn't even realize I should be getting setup.

My feet quickly scramble over to the center stool, and I take my place with my guitar resting on my lap.

"We're glad you guys decided to show up today," Calum says.

"Yeah, if you hadn't, we would've been pretty embarrassed," Michael adds.

"And most likely would've cried ourselves to sleep," Ashton laughs.

I should probably jump in and say something as well, but I can't. My eyes are locked on somebody standing in the very front row.

She has a smirk plastered on her face as her green eyes stare into my soul.

If somebody had ever asked if I thought my ex-girlfriend would show up to an acoustic show, I would've laughed in their face. Unfortunately, I'm not laughing today as Halley makes her way over to where John is standing.

I hoped that she would turn around and just leave, but instead I can tell she has a target in sight.

Liv.