45

Liv's Point of View
"Did you ever think this would happen?" Luke asks, pulling me out of my thoughts.

We managed to sneak away from the others and were sitting at the edge of the now empty stage.

"What?"

"This," he says, gesturing between the two of us.

I've thought over our situation thousands of times, and not once can I actually understand how such an amazing thing could ever happen.

When I thought about who I might meet in the future, Luke certainly never appeared on my radar. He was never an option, but somehow I managed to get him. A million girls to choose from and he chose me.

I looked into his blue eyes and grasped his hand in mine. "Honestly, no."

"Me either," he laughed. "But I can't even express to you how thankful I am that I texted you that day."

Thinking back to our first conversation causes butterflies to erupt in my stomach. It seems like so long ago.

When I think about it, I think about how much has changed in such little time.

At first, he was just some random stranger that was looking for a hookup with someone else, and a persistent dipshït that oddly wanted to get to know me even after he knew I was the wrong girl.

But, soon enough he transformed into someone I found myself always wanting to talk to -- somebody that could brighten my day with the simplest message. And most importantly, someone I slowly developed strong feelings for.

"I'm very thankful as well. Who knew I would be grateful for being mistaken as someone else." My thoughts wander to who exactly the girl he intended to talk to was, but I can't bring myself to ask him about her. In a strange way, I don't want to know details about her, but if ever given the chance, I would thank her for bringing Luke into my life.

I swing my feet back and forth as his thumb runs over my hand. It's a comfortable feeling. The silence that has momentarily fallen around us is one I wouldn't mind staying in.

Don't get me wrong -- expressing our feelings to each other is wonderful, but the moments where no words are needed is even better. To be able to sit here with him like this only makes me wish for many more of these moments in the future.

"Liv?" Luke's soft voice interrupts the silence, but I don't mind. Whether the silence be long or short, it's enjoyable nonetheless.

"Mhm?"

"The thing that fascinates me the most," he starts, "is initially I was looking for a meaningless hookup that day, but instead I ended up with the most meaningful relationship I've ever had."

I scoot closer to him and rest my head on his shoulder, our hands still intertwined.

His words always manage to make my day -- he has such a way with them.

No matter how many words there are in the English language, I know there is no combination that could ever amount to what I'm feeling for him. Not even the three words that's used by every person on Earth to express such deep feelings seem like enough.

All I know is that even though I doubted him in the beginning, he's certainly called my bluff.

Luke's Point of View
Sitting alongside Liv in this moment is surreal. It's such a peaceful and serene environment and as I listen to her soft breaths and look down to her head on my shoulder, I realize one thing -- I could live happily for eternity as long as this girl is by my side.

My feelings for her are so much more intense than I've ever felt before. In all my life, I've never had such a deep connection with anybody, not even Halley.

So, as I take a deep breath and mumble her name to obtain her attention, I take the plunge and express myself completely.

"I am truly, madly, deeply in love with you, and nothing could ever stop me from falling harder and harder everyday day for you, Liv. You might've been the wrong number, but you turned out to be the right girl for me."

The end.

well, there it is! the end of my all time favorite story i've ever written :')

thank you so much for accompanying me on this journey. i'm so grateful for each and everyone of you and i love you guys so much. i hope i've met your expectations with the conclusion. <3

hopefully you'll stick around for my next adventure -- a new story called she's kinda hot though :) and hopefully it'll be as enjoyable as this one!
-jules