34

Third Person Point of View
Luke and Liv continued to spend the rest of the day together, thoroughly enjoying every moment they shared.

So, when it came time to go their separate ways, they were completely against it. They wanted nothing more than to stay together for as long as possible, but unfortunately it was impossible.

Even though Luke was planning to spend a weekend in New York, he received a text from Calum earlier saying they needed to head back immediately. There was an impromptu acoustic gig being planned for the very next day in Los Angeles.

"I don't want you to go," Liv said.

"I don't want me to go either," Luke pouted, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist.

After only one day together they've become attached at the hip, and never wanted to leave each others' side. It was as if they'd been placed together with super glue.

Liv hugged his torso as tight as she could manage, and if she could, she'd never let go. Hell, she'd tie him to a chair if at all possible.

"I had no idea that this gig was being planned," he suddenly spoke up after a moment of silence. "I actually had a whole list of things we could've done in the city."

She pulled away just enough to look at him. "How'd you have a list?"

"I spent all night googling stuff." He smiled, and Liv's heart swelled.

He put so much thought into this meeting, and she couldn't be any more appreciative than she is already. Nobody had ever done that type of thing for her -- she didn't even know if they cared enough to try.

People she'd known all her life couldn't compare to the boy she'd only just met.

"Why are you so perfect?" The words escaped her lips before she even knew what was happening. "I, uh, you don't have to answer that."

As she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, she suddenly felt ashamed. She was one of the most awkward girls in the world, and that's one thing she knew for sure. It never made sense why Luke Hemmings would ever have the slightest interest in someone like her.

She was quirky and clumsy. She loved books and music. She only hung out with Andy, and barely had any boyfriends. She was an introvert and was never good enough for anybody. Most importantly, she was insecure.

"Hey," he whispered, lifting her chin up to face him. "What's wrong?" There was a sudden change in her demeanor, and he was determined to figure out why whether she liked it or not.

"I don't know. It's silly." She averted his gaze and gently released herself from his grasp. It was silly, in fact it was downright pathetic.

Before she could fully get away, he caught her hand in his own, and twisted her back around.

Luke might be a hormonal teenage boy, but he wasn't oblivious when it came to other's emotions. He's actually quite good at detecting when somebody is sad or angry, especially when they were perfectly happy only moments prior.

"I promise it's not silly. Nothing you could ever say would be silly to me."

"I just," she started. A slight pause came next as she sighed and thought over what she was about to say. To her, this would sound crazy and annoying to any other teenage boy on this planet. It might seem clingy or whatever, but clearly Luke isn't like the other boys she's crossed paths with.

"It's hard for me to understand how someone like me," she pointed to herself, "could ever obtain attention from someone like you," she pointed to him, slightly poking into his chest.

She still had doubts, that was clear. And as much as she couldn't understand how he could ever like her, he certainly didn't understand how she could ever think she wasn't worth all the attention in the world.

If he could, he would give her the world because she most definitely deserved it.

The two of them stood in her doorway, just as they had started out many minutes ago. Their eyes stared deeply into one another as Luke attempted to set her straight on how he really felt.

"If you ask me, I'm not sure how someone like me," he pointed to himself, mimicking what she had done before, "could ever obtain attention from someone like you," he lightly tapped her nose, creating a small smile to form on her face.

"I'm nobody special," he admitted. "I play in a band that just happens to be known by people, but that doesn't give me any sort of leverage. It doesn't make me this high and mighty individual who looks down on the rest of humanity. I'm a normal, down to earth guy who is more than intrigued in normal and down to earth girls, such as yourself."

"Yeah, but there's-," she attempted to interrupt, but he already knew what she was going to say.

"There are models, and singers, and actresses, sure, but none of them could ever compare to the beautiful girl who is standing in front of me."

The loose strand of hair that she tucked away earlier fell in front of her face yet again, but this time Luke took the opportunity to put it back in place.

"I meant what I said, Liv. Out of 7.125 billion people, only one has managed to do what no other human being has been capable of."

Liv stared at him in amazement as she waited for him to finish.

"That one person has stepped into my life without any warning, and has stolen my heart straight out of my chest. It's been broken for a long time, Liv, and you," he smiled, "only you have managed to put it back together."

If there's one thing he's good at, it's making her completely speechless. All she could manage to do was stare at him with the biggest, cheesiest look.

"You're my glue, Liv."

The mention of glue sparked something in her mind, and suddenly she remembered something she'd said to him once before.

"Stuck like glue," she mumbled.

"Me and you," he finished.

fluff, fluff, and some more fluff
but there may or may not be some drama coming up, so be on the lookout

dun, dun, dunnnn ;)
-jules