Chapter 13

Diana's POV

When I regained my consciousness, I found myself in a dark room where I couldn't see anything. No one was around, so I began planning my escape. Trying to move, I realized that my hands and legs were duck-taped together and I couldn't move an inch. There was a gag in my mouth so I couldn't scream. I was squirming around like a worm in the beak of a hungry robin. They were the hunters and I was the prey. And I couldn't get away. I was already saying my goodbyes to everyone that I loved. This time they weren't my goodbyes of running away where I had a chance of seeing their faces again. They were my goodbyes of never seeing them, or the world again. Never have I missed the gang so much. And the anger towards Kristen, well I don't feel it anymore. I wish I wasn't so dumb. I wish I could have opened my eyes. I wish I never would have came here.

I heard the faint creak of a door opening along with my own tears hitting the cold wood floor. A male figure appeared in the doorway, and I swallowed the lump in my throat. Now all I hope is that those goodbyes made it to their recipient.

The dark figure appeared larger as it approached me. I couldn't recognize the face, it was too dark, but I could sense that it was trouble. I tried with all my strength to back up, but I hit a wall and realized there was no where to go. There were tears streaming out of my eyes like a waterfall, but I still tried to look strong. Even the toughest of girls, like me, have a breaking point. When there is just too much to handle and too many emotions to fight, the weight of the world crushes us. I don't have any strength left. And there is no way I can fight back.

He must have heard the fear in my struggling, and laughed evilly.
"What's wrong, pretty little Diana? You don't have your precious greasy friends to fight for you?"

I tried saying something, but it only came out muffled, like a cry for help.

"They aren't going to find you this time. Save your breath. They probably didn't even notice that you were missing. Think about it. Even if they come looking, they won't be able to get through us. You are all mine."

I didn't have to think hard to realize that it was Bob. All of the shit he has given me. All the shit I've given him. He's finally come back for revenge. And this time I won't be able to fight back. And as much as it kills me to think, I know that if the gang ever finds me, it will be too late. I will be on the verge of dying, or already dead. If they even get past the Socs. I started crying harder as much as I tried not to. I was just feeding his enjoyment. The tone of his voice when he said "You are all mine" sent shivers down my spine.

He reached his hand out and rubbed my damaged cheek. I know I was not going to give in. I still have a little bit of fight left in me.

I managed to get my mouth free of the gag and I bit his hand as hard as I could. He yelled in pain as blood started streaming out of the wound, and then he slapped me so hard in the face that it left a large bruise and I was feeling the stinging pain for a half an hour.

"You bitch!" He yelled. "When I come back, you are going to wish that you were dead."

He stomped out of the room to go get bandages for his hand. And he was right. I wish I never would have done it. He is angry with me and now he is only going to beat me harder or worse.

I sat there for a while, with my burning cheek, just crying and wishing that I was home safe with the gang and in Ponyboy's arms.

Ponyboy's POV

When Johnny and I got back to the house, the whole gang was there. Maybe they were concerned about her because of the whole situation that happened before. Or maybe they just had a sense that something bad was going to happen, like we did. But it was good, considering we would need all the help we could get. All of the Socs are probably after her.