Chapter 1

Here's a few notes before you read the story :

I changed the ages a little bit, so please read this so you don't get confused. You can't add cast members on a phone, so I will list them also.

Cast - Age - Played By

Diana Cade - 15 - Elizabeth Gillies

Darrel Curtis - 20 - Patrick Swayze

Sodapop Curtis - 16 - Rob Lowe

Ponyboy Curtis - 15 - C. Thomas Howell

Johnny Cade - 16 - Ralph Macchio

Dallas Winston - 17 - Matt Dillon

Two-Bit Mathews - 18 - Emilio Estevez

Steve Randle - 17 - Tom Cruise

(Other characters will be added when they appear)

I do not own the original characters of the book : They belong to S.E. Hinton. All rights go to her.

I own Diana and the other characters that I will add.

Diana's description is just like Elizabeth Gillies - Long, curly brown hair, blue eyes, and a stern expression. She is tough, and stands her ground.

Thanks for reading. Heres Chapter 1.

---------------------------------------------

"Diana, you haven't touched your food. Is something bothering you?"

I looked up to meet eyes with my guardian. I guess you could call her my foster parent - because I left my real parents behind, and they didn't give a hang.

Oh, there I go with the greaser slang. God, will I ever get over it?

I kept staring out the window. The sun was shining, but it sure wasn't inside me.

"Diana, I am talking to you." She snapped her fingers."

"I don't know, Kristen." I mumbled

Kristen has been here for me since the beginning. Ever since I ran away, actually. She took me in and has been taking care of me ever since. She is a really nice person, and she's understanding. Hell, she's better than my own mother.
No. She doesn't even deserve to be called a mom. She's a monster.

Sometimes I feel a sting of guilt, like when I make Kristen angry. I'm so stupid to have run away like that. I should've just died instead of bothering her like this. She has a life to look forward to, and I'm just getting in the way.

"You miss your brother, don't you?" She asked.

I do, I thought.

Everyday I worry about Johnny. I left him behind in the hellhole I called my parents house. Johnny was my ray of sunshine in the bitter darkness.

Nodding slightly, I brushed my brown hair back with my hands.

"Well, it kills me to see you like this. I'll buy you a plane ticket to Tulsa, but only if you promise to come back soon." She smiled slightly.

I about screamed. "Really?!"

"Yes, I can set it up for tomorrow."

I ran up and wrapped my arms around her.
"Thank you thank you thank you so much!"

"Hey, your welcome. Just don't be gone for too long." She rubbed my head.

"I won't, I promise!"

I ran upstairs with so much excitement I thought I would die. I finally get to see Johnny! It's been a miserable 9 years without him.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The next morning, I jumped out of my bed and began to pack my clothes. Upon looking in my closet, I found my old leather jacket.

It was a hand-me-down from Darry Curtis - when we were little. Because he was 5 years older than me, it was very big. I used it like a blanket when I had to escape my parents for a couple hours. The most heart-breaking thing, is that I wore it when I ran away for the last time. That's when Kirsten found me. If it wasn't for that jacket, I would've got pneumonia, I'm sure of it.

I put it on over my white tank-top. Since that was 9 years ago, it fit me nicely. To complete the look, I put on a pair of tight jeans, high-heeled black boots, and for the makeup, black eyeliner and mascara.

Grabbing my bag and my suitcase, I dashed downstairs.

"Kirsten, I'm going to make a phone call real fast."

I dialed the number to my old house.

After a few rings, someone picked up.

"Hello?" A woman's voice answered.

I knew it. That was my mothers. It had the same demonic tone.

There was so many things I wanted to scream, but I had to hold back.

"Hi... Uhm... Could I uhm.... Talk to Johnny?" I asked.

"Is that you, girl? Wow. I thought you died. Such a shame you didn't."

I raised my voice.
"Can I speak to Johnny?"

"Stop raising your voice at me, you bitch. And no you cannot. Don't call back again because we don't want to hear you!" She shot back, hanging up.

Kirsten shook her head when I set the phone back.

"Ready to go?"

"Not back to her, that's for sure."

She got into the drivers side of the car and I got shotgun. We headed for the Los Angeles International Airport.

------------------------------------------

Johnny's POV

I was laying on the couch sleeping until I was woken up by the phone ringing.

Stretching, I went over to pick it up. My mother slapped my arm away and scolded me.

"How many times have I told you not to touch the phone?!"

"Sorry, crab-ass." I shot back.

She shot me a look, but couldn't say anything because she was on the phone.

"Hello?" She grumbled into the phone.

I couldn't hear the person on the other side.

"Is that you, girl? Wow. I thought you died. Such a shame you didn't."

My heart skipped a beat. She had to be talking to Diana. Is she okay? Hurt? Healthy? Where is she?

"Stop raising your voice at me, you bitch. And no you cannot. Don't call back again because we don't want to hear you!" She shot back, hanging up the phone.

Anger rose inside of me. Standing up, I let it get the best of me.

"You call yourself a mother?! You can't even treat your kids right! It's no wonder she left this house! And you wonder why I spend most of my life with the gang! I hate you, I hate you and your bastard of a husband!"

I raced out the door and slammed it behind me.

I went to my sanctuary, which happens to be the Curtis house.

I just walked in, since no one locks the door or even cares if I come in.

But no matter where I am, I can't stop thinking about my sister. It's been 9 years, and the silence is killing me.