Chapter 3

Diana's POV

It seemed like forever we were waiting for them. Gosh, did they fell into a ditch?

The door bursted open the moment my thought ended.

"Sorry guys, Steve fell in a ditch!" One yelled as the other one limped into the house.

For crying out loud..

Two-Bit and Steve!

I brought them in for a group hug, almost knocking poor Steve over.

"Who is that?" Steve knitted his brow.

"That's Diana, you idiot!" Two-Bit smiled brightly and slapped him.

"As in the Diana who died?"

"I'm very alive, thanks Steve.." I rolled my eyes.

"So.." Darry mumbled, trying to break the awkward silence. "Should I make dinner?"

"That would be great, thanks Darry." I smiled politely.

"So where is this Kirsten girl? Is she cute?" Dally let out a puff of cigarette smoke.

I frowned. I really miss her.

"Sadly she had to stay back in Cali to take care of things. I'm here as long as I like, but I promised her I would come back to visit her."

"You... Aren't leaving soon are you?" Pony mumbled next to me.

He's too cute..

"No Pony," I messed up his hair. "I'll stay for a little while."

"Are y'all gonna stay back at Satan's?" Two-Bit asked.

I gulped. Didn't Johnny tell them?

"Johnny..." I frowned.

"What?"

"Did you tell them why I left?"

Everyone looked puzzled.

"Johnny.. You told us that she disappeared one day and you never found her.." Dally frowned.

"That's half true.." Johnny looked down.

I never showed anyone my real scars, not even my friends. Though I had very few when I moved to Cali. Everyone hated me. Johnny didn't get hurt as much as I did. My parents hated me. They wouldn't care if I died. Johnny was planned. I was a mistake.

The story is that my mom was drinking and rough housed with other men while my unbiological father was at home. She wasn't smart, and got pregnant. When my father found out, he beat her so bad in the stomach it could have killed me.

I know that was his intention..

But it didn't work. I was born as healthy as I could get, unfortunately, and I lived to see another horrifying day.

I never met my real father. He could've been nice, or he might have been like my other father.

My parents never named me because they didn't care. They practically threw me to Johnny and made me his responsibility.

He named me Diana because he believed I was strong, just like the Roman goddess. Hell, if anyone was strong enough to survive the hits my father gave to me, you would call me immortal. I don't know.

I told Kristen this, and she said I had a purpose in this world. That's why I didn't die. I wasn't supposed to. Someone or something needs me. Somewhere I am important, and I'm still trying to find out where.