chapter five

There's a strong smell in the air, mhmmm what is that? The smell gets stronger and more delicious, as I feel my body waking up. I begin to register the smell and smile, coffee. Everything is getting brighter, hoe did the morning come soo fast. I was so excited for it but now I dont mind letting hours pass a little more while im all cuddled in bed. Probably because I only had about five and a half hours sleep. I give up on the temptation and roll over. I could just stare at this for hours. So beautiful, the one of the few things in life that makes me speechless. I slip my gown on and grab my coffee and climb onyo my window seat.

I notice a little heart in the foam of my coffee. That makes me want to laugh, I spent almost every day of last summer trying to teach gramps to make a heart in the foam but he couldn't do it.
I guess he finally did though. I know that it will taste perfectly even before I take a sip, it does.

It takes me only a few minutes to drain the cup. Im feeling soo much better already, even on only five hours sleep. I creep into the closet and grap my black running shorts and pink training bra with a loses grey shirt. And head into the bath room. I wash my face, brush my teeth and slip into my running clothes. On my way out I grab a spare hair elastic and my shoes. Im down the stairs and out the house before im spotted my anyone. I sit and hurriedly put on my shoes seriously trying to contain the excitement inside myself.
I reset the timer on my watch, maybe we can do some actual exercise today. As I jog down the steps I tie up my hair and start running. I turn and run north, not wanting to risk going anywhere near the Sherbornes place, even though im sure they all still sleeping.
I start to control my breathing, in deeeply and out deeply, over and over. Slowly clearing my mind, focusing only on the beating of my heart as my muscles strain. When I look at my watch again, it shoes ive been running for thirty minutes, wow time flies, I stop for a few minutes and breath.
Then turn and head back, not ad fast, but not slow either. My muscles are on fire, and the higher the sun gets the warmer.
I eventually get back to the beach house and stop. I push my shoes off and pull my top ovet my head. I stretch down and pull my shorts off. Thank goodness I leant years before to always be wearing bikini bottoms. I jog into the ocean as I rip my short hair out of its confinement.