Chapter 6

And I run into the water i get a jolting surprise. Its much colder than I thought it would be and I almost stop but I keep going anywhere because of adrenaline bubbling inside me. I lean forward and dive praying but what is deep enough. My body feels a huge relief as it emugues itself in the cold water. For a few seconds I just lay there under the water floating, my muscles relaxing, knowing that I'm going to have to come up soon as I am slowly running out of air. As my lungs begin to burn I push myself up and out water. Now floating on top of the water I look up, admiring the blue sky and beauty of it. The waters not as cold as I thought it was when I first entered or maybe it's just my body getting use to the coldness of it. I close my eyes and let my body take control as it floats on top of the water difting back and towards the shore.
I love this feeling of being completely at peace within myself, no worries.
" You made quite an entrance there earlier"
I jolt as my eye snap open, loosing my balance on top of the water. A boy sitting on a surfboard comes into view.
"Sorry I didn't me to startle you," he says looks slightly embarrassed
"Um no its ok, I should probably be getting back anyway, so thank you" I say
As I start swimming to shore, I hear him saying pleasure but ignore it. When I reach the sand I feel awfully exposed even though im on the beach. I hurriedly pick up my shoes and clothes and head to the house.

When I reach the top of the stairs I dump my belongings, grab a towel off the rack and roughly dry myself off and head to the kitchen. All I smell is bacon which means mom must be cooking and Adam must be awake.

"Morning sweety, you were up early, I didn't even hear you leave." Mom says with a genuine smile

"Hey, yeah it was so beautiful I couldn't resist. " I say while hoping up on a stool next to Adam.
He looks like hes just woke up, which doesn't surprise me. I grab a piece of bacon off his plate while he seems to be texting. Before I even take a bite he looks at me.

"You better not do that again or you will loose a hand."he says in a serious tone. Which makes me laugh.

"How was your run dear? Any good-looking boys I should be concerned about?" mom says with a cheeky smile.

" My run was good, very calming and relaxing, I had a swim after and the water seems colder then usual, you should probably fix that for me before tomorrow!" I say sarcastically

" Ew, I don't think run, calming and relaxing are allowed to go in the same sentence, more like torture and straining. And yes, I agree with mom you need a boyfriend put some fun in you life instead of a book." Adam says while chomping on bacon, a bad habit we both developed over the years.

" Yes exactly I was explaining to her this the whole way up here, go have fun this holiday make some friends and make memories Lil, I want to be complaining that I haven't seen you at the end of this summer not begging you to share the couch and popcorn. And I'm truly sorry about the water temperature, I will be sure to chat to god about that one later." she jumps in, before I can defend myself to Adam. What the hek, so now I have to fish wives tell me what to do?

"Okay, if you guys are going to gang up on me, I will be taking my bacon outside to eat in peace. And maybe I do have friends, I just don't bring them around cause you guys are just to crazy, even for me to handle. I also maybe don't want a boyfriend? Ever thought of that one, and at least I tell mom my plans..." I say boldly hoping they will get the message to drop the subject. thankfully I'm saved by gramps walking into the kitchen, he was obviously fishing this morning early, because he's wearing his fishing jacket that I bought him for last Christmas, we a lot more alike then I can begin to tell you.

"Morning, you lot, everyone have a good sleep? how's my favourite grandchild?" he says looking at me with a (you know im talking to you, but still trying to cause trouble) kind of smile.

"I'm grand gramps thanks for asking, how was the fish this morning" Adam answers before I can, again. this causes mom and I to pack up laughing, which everyone joins in.

"Thanks for the coffee this morning gramps, I see you after a year you have finally mastered the heart in the foam?" I say giving him a kiss on the cheek as he walks past.

"Yes Lily, I spent the whole year practicing for you old grandmother, so this summer we can do something other than just make coffee." he says sarcastically

"Hey! Who you calling old?" gran says while woddeling into the kitchen in he r slipper and gown.