4.

•kageyama x reader•

{I am the best}

"More faster!" I watched as the raven haired boy shouted at his team mates. They struggled to match up to what they call his "kingly" tosses,

Kageyama Tobio

The king of the court.

You caught the sight of Tobio glaring at the flaming red head. It made you smile at how that boy made him fired up. He was hot headed but deep down inside.

He had a soft side.

You were Kageyama's best friend but you lost contact with him and lost hope of seeing him again.

You loved him.
But it was too late to say it now.

•~•

<time skip brought to you by crow-chan :3>

You never saw Tobio-chan after junior high, assuming you both went to different schools you were now a student at Karasuno High and you became best friends with Yamagucchi Tadashi and some what friends with Tsukishima Kei, since you were in college prep classes together.

•~•

"(Y/N)?" Yamagucchi called smiling, "Do you wanna come watch us practice after school? There's a boy there who claims to know you in the club." You looked at him surprised, who in the club knew you?

"I know Daichi-Senpai, Sugawara-Senpai, and Asahi-Senpai, and the other second years, are there more?" You said tapping pencil against your desk, "I'll come by, I have to finish my duties first." Yamaguchi smiled and went back to work. The day went by slowly and you decided to eat lunch outside with Yamaguchi and Tsukishima-Kun. "What's your lunch (Y/N)?" Tsukishima said curiously looking at your bento, "I have onigiri and stawberry short cake." He looked at you intensely with the expression, You better give me some or else. Laughing you gave him half of your cake in exchange for one of his rare smiles.

•~•

Kageyama's POV

  "Trust me Kageyama, she's exactly how you described her," Yamaguchi said throwing the volleyball to me, "She's my best friend." I saw as he smiled at the ground, my heart panned with jealousy,

I was her best friend

I clenched my fists and held in my anger, "That's awesome Yamaguchi, is she coming to watch us practice?" I looked at him and dribbled the volleyball watching Hinata and Nishinoya-kun enter the gym.

"Yes she's-"

"WOAH! Pretty girl!" Hinata shouted. I turned and saw (L/N) (Y/N) walk into the gym, she looked beautiful in the Karasuno uniform, blushing I looked away avoiding contact.

As soon as Daichi and the other arrived practice began we practiced serving and receiving. Every time it was Tsukishima's or Yamaguchi's turn she would cheer them on, making a vein pop out on my forehead. I watched her, she was giving her attention to Yamaguchi and the rude blonde. I want her to notice me. I walked up to her, my legs and arms shook with every step I took.

I approached her.