12.

Akaashi x reader

   "You're kidding me." You exclaimed scanning the now filled with mistletoe room, he spent about two hours going up and down in the ladder putting up mistletoes in all the places he could think of. Bokuto really wanted you and Akaashi to go out, and he had been secretly shipping you guy ever since you became friends with him.

   "Now you can't run away from any mistletoe!" He let out a loud laugh and gave you a cheeky smile, Kuroo entered in room chuckling and slung his around you, "you know you could just go out with me baby," he leaned in to kiss you.

"No thanks bed head," you pushed him away and laughed, "Aw c'mon (Y/N) just oooooooooooone," he began to whine and chased you around the room, "No! Stop it Kuroo!" You said dodging him and hiding behind Bokuto, using him at a barrier.

   Akaashi was out with an old classmate which forced you to spend your Christmas Eve with the two maniacs while the three of you waited for Akaashi to return. "So, why are you trying to get (Y/N) and Akaashi together? Isn't he with that girl? That's why he's not here, right?" Bokuto jabbed Kuroo's side angrily causing him to moan in pain. Letting what Kuroo said sink in, your heart shattered, you stared at the ground broken hearted, "(Y-Y/N)?" Bokuto reached out to give you a hug, but you pushed him away, leaving the owl captain devastated, he gave Kuroo a pissed off  look signaling him to apologize to you, but by the time they looked back at you, you were already making your way upstairs. "Call me when Akaashi get's back, I'll be in your room Bokuto..." You said trying to avoid eye contact with them.

   "See! Look what you did ya butthole, (Y/N) is upset with you because of what you said, she likes Akaashi." Bokuto frowned at his best friend, "Shit. I should go say-" The doorbell went off making the two boys turn to the door, Bokuto ran to the door revealing a grumpy owl. "Hey Akaashi!..." Bokuto said in a slightly dejected voice, Akaashi nodded and walked in leaving a trail of awkward silence. Kuroo was having a cold sweat unsure if he should run up and telling (y/n) that Akaashi had just arrived. "Where's (y/n)," Akaashi said looking around, "and why are there mistletoes everywhere?" Bokuto looked at Kuroo for support but he just froze in place. "Um, be cusses mistletoes make a great decor?"  Bokuto shrugged giving him a half grin, Akaashi looked a Kuroo this time, "I thought you guys said (y/n) would be here?" They looked at each other and sighed in defeat, "Okay we'll tell you."

[time skip brought to you by tendou's volleyball shorts]
( = = )

You were laying on Bokuto's bed avoiding the two of them since you weren't in a very festive mood now, sighing you grabbed Bokuto's owl plushie and began to vent to it, "Mr. Owl what do I do? It hurts...I really like Akaashi but-" You sighed in defeat looking at the plushie, "I'm talking to a stuff toy," You gave the toy a hug burying your face into it. Then a knock came from the door, "Go away Bokuto I don't want to talk to anyone." You muddled from the stuff toy's tummy,

"It's me Akaashi, want to talk," He opened the door, and closed it entering the room, "Bokuto told me what happened, and I think it's nice you like me back," he chuckled pulling you up to face him. "I really like you and I'm sorry for Kuroo made it sound like I had someone else." You blushes looking away, "It's okay, I guess I got a little jealous," you mumbled avoiding eye contact.

In one swift moment he pulled out a mistletoe and kissed you.

"Merry Christmas Eve, (y/n)"