Early Morning Outrage

I shot up in bed at the sound of something equivalent to a roar. I pricked my ears but I needn't take a wild guess of who it was. Tobuscus. I shook my blankets off me and as I ran down the stairs I heard it again.

"I AM GOING TO BE LOUD TODAY!" He screamed outside, sounding just like a foghorn. I kicked the back doors open and stormed over to the bushes.

"What the hell?" I yelled back at him as I watched him prance around his back yard, an actual megaphone pressed to his lips. His dog danced around his feet while he laughed madly.

"Oh, and itching powder? Really?" He raised an eyebrow, pausing to show how little he cared that I infiltrated his own bedroom.

"Why are you doing this?" I yelled as he continued to repeat: 'I'm going to be loud today.'

"You said make myself obvious, and well, here I am..." He grinned. "Grifzor!" He cried suddenly, scooping his dog up and dancing around.

"Shut the hell up!" I screeched.

"No!"

"You will or I'll make you!"

"Come at me, bro," He taunted. I looked around desperately, trying to find something to calm him down. I spotted a ball lying on the grass and went to pick it up. I smiled evily before launching it off Tobuscus's head through the bushes.

"AH! God dang it!" He yelled, a bit over the top. He seized the ball again and tried to hit me but I ran inside squealing. The ball clanged loudly off a bucket next to my back door.

"What the hell is going on?" My mom cried running into the room. I went silent and my smile fell, thinking of a way to explain what was happening.

"I'm waiting..." She tapped her foot at me angrily.

"Uh-"

"THIS MEANS WAR!" I heard Tobuscus screech from outside. I burst out laughing at the look on my mom's face but remembered it was my mortal enemy. I charged outside again, without waiting for my mom to hold me back, and yelled back:

"I'LL GET YOU WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT TOBUSCUS!"

He laughed hysterically before I heard him jump into his house once more. I scowled and went back to my mom who was standing open mouthed in the doorway.

"I didn't realize you were still fifteen!" She said, looking confused. I ignored her as I was already thinking of more battle tactics.

"Mom, can you be out of the house by lunch?"

"Sure. Why?"

"No reason," I grinned mischievously as I skipped into the kitchen to begin my plan.

LATER

I pushed my front door open so slowly that the breeze would have made more noise. I peered to one side, then to another, before I slipped out of my porch and tip toed towards Tobuscus's house, each step silent yet deadly. I had no defense, only a roll of cling film clasped in my fist. I crouched down, sneaked past his window, and pressed myself up against his front door. I looked down the street to make sure no one was looking then began to unravel the see-through wrapping from the roll. I started to completely cover the doorway with cling film and although I got the weirdest of looks from passers-by, I was enjoying myself, knowing this was phase one of annoying Tobuscus. I stepped back to admire my work, because when he opens that door, he will get the shock of his life. He'll come face to face with an invisible wall! I giggled in spite of myself and jumped into a nearby bush, knowing he said something about going out around lunchtime last night. After a while of plucking daisies and watching birds fly overhead, I heard the door being unlatched. I cowered down further and chuckled quietly. His dog ran out before him and I stifled laughter as 'Grifzor' stared blankly at the sheet in front of him as his nose pushed against it. Tobuscus didn't notice and walked straight ahead, and since he put more force into his walking he slammed against it and gasped. He thrashed madly in front of him and fell forward, his feet tangled up in the transparent sheets. He landed heavily on his driveway, sprawled out. I stared at him as he tried pulling his feet out of the scrambled mess.

"Grifzor! Help me!" He cried as the dog glanced at him shamefully and waddled back inside again. I stood up sharply and started laughing.

"BOOYAH!" I yelled, pointing at him. He shook his fist angrily as I took off, making a clean leap over the small wall separating our front gardens. I'd like to see him top that one off! As soon as I was inside I slammed the door behind me and collapsed onto the floor laughing. I wiped the tears from my eyes and took another glance at him wriggling around on his driveway. He finally stood up.

"You'll pay for this!" He screamed. He bunched the cling film up in his fists and threw it on the ground before running towards his car and driving away, his dog following reluctantly behind him the whole time. I watched him leave and already started planning phase two. This was going to be fun...