A No-Prank-Promise-Party-Starter

After I had watched Austin walk away, Tobuscus came back into my thoughts. Should I prank him again? But what would I do? I continued to wander around the living room looking for some inspiration. I had to do something unique, something he couldn't do to me back. I found myself in the backyard, and looking over the fence again. I leaned my head against the side of a tree trunk and stared into his yard. Something caught my eye. Just at the back of his garage, a huge expensive looking hot tub sat there, and Tobuscus was pulling the folding cover off the top. I cowered, since I didn't notice him before, and a thought struck me. His hot tub! But what could I do with it? I watched Tobuscus intently until he went back inside, then I started to plan. If it was new, then he wouldn't want it to be ruined would he? But not ruined, just...dirty. This strange train of thoughts is what brought me to my conclusion. I would mess up his hot tub! I leaned against the tree again before trailing back inside. Austin was waiting for me.

"So, when you say prank war, all those times you said you were busy, you were with him?" He questioned, looking a bit upset, but I didn't want to lie to him.

"Yes, I suppose so, but I can explain!" I felt really bad straight after I said that. "You would understand if you were part of it!" I babbled, trying to take a step back. His expression dropped and he looked sympathetic.

"Hey hey! Calm down!" He cried, pulling me into his arms awkwardly. "If you want to have a silly little prank war with Tobuscus, then that's fine-"

"But you don't want me to, do you?" I narrowed my eyes, backing away slightly. I was offended. He should be laughing with me right now. A sudden breeze came in and made me shiver, so Austin went and slammed the back doors shut. I stared gloomily at the backyard through the glass. These doors should always be open no matter what.

"It's not really what I would like you to do, but my opinion doesn't count," He sighed, making his way into my kitchen. I followed him like a small lamb, trying to make up for this little disagreement.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I'll stop the whole thing..." I said, regretting every word. This man was my life, and I was making sure he wouldn't leave me. He smiled.

"Good, so it's just going to be you and me!" He hugged me again, a lot more confident than before. I gave a small smile, still mentally kicking myself. What have I done? I just agreed to give up the prank war! I buried my face in his chest to hide my disappointment. I'll just prank Tobuscus one more time, and then I'll give it up. But I'll have to do it tonight so I'll get it over with. I pulled away from Austin and smiled to show I was fine before I sat down on the sofa. Still, already I was feeling guilty for lying to him as I planned my scheme.

Third Person P.O.V

That night, while the guests began to swarm in Lexie's house, she sneaked out the back door and closed it behind her. She breathed quietly and quickly in the cool night air as she carefully seized the bucket by the fence. She peered inside. Sure enough, the wet mud she had prepared earlier was still inside. Smiling mischievously, she climbed over the white picket fence into Tobuscus's garden, the bucket held to her chest. The musky smell of the mud made her cringe as she crept silently down his backyard, towards his hot tub. She set the bucket down and stared at the steaming water coming from inside. She had seen him using it earlier, so now was her chance. Grabbing a handful of mud, she swept it across the side of the tub, making sure she did so with each side, and eventually, the wooden tub was completely smeared with brown mess. She grinned, satisfied, before making a run for it back up the garden. Just as she was about to scale the fence, the back doors opened in her own garden.

"Lexie, come back inside!" Tina, her mom, shouted from within. Lexie glanced down at her muddy hands and bit her lip. When she came back inside she rushed quickly into the kitchen, shoving her hands into the warm bubbly water in the sink. She rubbed furiously before drying her hands and joining the party again. The house was busy, and a lot more people than expected had turned up. The attire was classy and everyone was polite looking and well dressed. Tina sat chatting with her friends and Austin talked with his, so Lexie was lonely. She knew Tobuscus was here somewhere, so she began to look for him. Unable to shout his name in a crowded place, she wandered around, looking for some clue to where he was. Before long, she was passing the upstairs bathroom when he emerged.

"Oh, hey!" She grinned nervously as he came out of the bathroom. He looked a bit agitated. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"No," He muttered, walking past but she grabbed his arm before he went down the stairs.

"What's up? Come on tell me," Lexie began to reason so he shrugged her arm off. He sighed and paused before replying.

"I-I broke up with my girlfriend today," He stuttered, almost whispering. His eyes were gloomy and his mouth twitched, vacant of his usual happy smile. Lexie was shocked. She hadn't realized he had a girlfriend. Maybe she was at his party?

"Why? Who was it?" She asked, not recognizing his personal problem needed privacy. He looked around, wanting so much not to answer the question but her grey pleading eyes persuaded him.

"Her name was Justine. She was at my party..." He murmured quietly. He shifted uncomfortably and sighed again before continuing. "It's weird, I think we broke up with each other at the same time," He said, looking around my small landing again.

"How- I mean- I'm sorry, I shouldn't be asking all these questions," Lexie bit back her tongue, ashamed of how nosy she was.

"No, no it's cool," He perked up, flashing a tiny smile, yet it was still forced. "She was sick of me not spending time with her," He said.

Lexie felt she was to blame and her heart dropped.

"Is it because of me?" She asked quietly. "And the whole prank war?" She suddenly remembered the surprise she left for him in his backyard and the guilt began eating her alive.

"No offensive, but I think so. I was always busy with my YouTube videos and the small time I had left to spend with her, I spent it with you instead," He bit his lip. "That was just her reason..."

"Why'd you break up with her?" Lexie asked suddenly, wanting to know what the last puzzle piece of this break up was. By now they were both sitting on the stairs. Tobuscus was quiet for a long time, and he just fiddled with his phone silently. Lexie waited in suspense, because whatever his answer was, it seemed really hard for him to say.

"I...I just think I like someone else..." He muttered, turning his phone over numerous times. The first thing that popped into Lexie's mind was the image of the Russian girl, the only other girl who was at his party.

"I-Is it...Olga?" Lexie wondered aloud and Tobuscus raised an eyebrow.

"...Yeah, sure. It's Olga," He said quickly, and then he stood up and sighed again. "How's about we go back downstairs huh?" He grinned.

"You're quick to change the subject..." Lexie pointed out. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Stop with the questions and let's just enjoy this party, you nugget!" He cried, smiling brightly before trotting down the stairs. Lexie watched him go then got up herself and followed.

She will never understand the little minds games he played that night.