Three → Toxic Behaviors

desi

Drugs and drinking, one of the main downsides there was to hanging out with them. It wasn't as if they were addicts, but they enjoyed doing it now and then. It was mostly Daniel that enjoyed it.

We were at Sherry's house since her parents were gone for the night. Even though, it was a school night, it had been Bo's idea to 'relax' since we were seniors.

I had only drunk a bit, not enough to get tipsy but enough to prove to them that I was one of them. There had always been certain things I didn't like doing that I did just for them.

Bo and Sherry were upstairs doing God knows what, leaving me alone with Daniel and a few other friends that has tagged along. I was busy looking through my phone wishing I was with Jonathan instead, when the couch dipped a bit signaling that there was someone else.

I put my phone away and looked over to see who it was, I let out a disappointed sigh when I saw it was only Daniel. It seemed as if he was being drunk, which made his personality ten times worse than it already was.

"Babe," he cooed, trying to wrap his arms around me but I quickly pulled back. I knew where this was going. "Why are you being so distant from me?" He angrily asked. I almost hit him, but I resisted the urge to. I had no idea where he had even gotten the idea that we were together.

"You're drunk, Daniel." I stood up from the couch, but he roughly pulled me back. "Daniel." My hands quickly pulled his arms off me and I moved away from him. "Stop."

Surprisingly, he did. I watched, making sure he didn't try anything, as he scratched his head in confusion. He looked at me through hooded eyes, and sloppily pointed an accusing finger at me.

"You know," his intoxicated voice started, "Ever since you started talking to that freak, you've been distant from me and I hate it." I rolled my eyes at his comment, knowing that I've been talking to Jonathan far before Daniel started talking to me.

I decided that maybe if I ignored him, he'd go away. But that plan was quickly shut down when he roughly yanked my phone from my hand. His hand was tightly grasping it from anger as he glared at me.

"Listen to me." He told me trough gritted teeth. "Are you in love with that fucking Jonathan kid?" I tried reaching for my phone, just so that I could leave, but he held it behind his back. "Answer me."

"No." I loudly answered as I stood up from the couch, causing everyone to turn their heads towards us. My sudden outburst caused him to be surprised so I took that as an opportunity to grab my phone from him. "Leave me the fuck alone."

I grabbed my jacket since the cold was starting to come in already and started making my way towards the door. "Desi!" Looking back, I saw Sherry dressed only in Bo's shirt and shook my head. "Where are you going? It's barely 7."

"My mom needs me at home." I lied, glaring at Daniel the whole time. "I'll call you later." I told her as I left the house and started making my way home.

an: I changed Josh's name to Daniel in case there was any confusion 👼🏻💕