Seven → Promises

desi

I was trying to focus on the math problems laid in front of me. Ms.Smith gave us a set of problems to practice for thirty minutes. They were fairly easy, but the fact that they were word problems made me take a bit longer.

"Babe," I looked up and noticed Daniel pull a chair next to me. He had a smug look on his face, causing me to roll my eyes at him and look back at my paper. "I have a preposition for you."

I laughed at his word choice and looked over at him, one eyebrow raised. "Do you mean proposition?" I asked, referring to his use of a different word.

"Whatever." He groaned, "I'm going to stop bullying and hurting that Crane kid." A smile, not one with pure intention, was placed on his face.

"What's the catch?" I questioned, knowing this would never be something he'd do out of the greatness of his heart.

"You," he made sure to put an emphasis as the word as he looked at me accusingly, "are going to stop hanging around him. I don't ever want to see you talk to him again."

I opened my mouth to speak, to tell him that I can't do that. Especially after my last outburst towards Johnny. He stopped me before I could say anything though.

"I already gave him the same talk, to which he agreed to-"

"Did you hurt him?" I asked a bit too loudly, making one of our friends look over at him.

"No," Daniel shook his head and leaned back in his chair. "I didn't even touch him." He told me. I was a bit hesitant but I nodded, half believing him.

"I'll think about it." I lied. I needed to talk to Jonathan first. I could never bring myself to just start ignoring him without reason.

He stood up from his seat and rested a hand on my table. "Go ahead, you know where to find me."

I could feel my once peaceful atmosphere start coming back when he left. My mind was going crazy with thoughts and ideas on what to do, I just hoped I could find Jonathan before the day ended.

AN: short filler chapter :>