Nine → Questions

desi

When I arrived in the parking lot, I was surprisingly early and it was empty. There was only two or three others cars around.

My eyes were on my phone as I scrolled through my social media, hoping to find something interesting in the thirty minutes I had left till class.

I jumped a bit when I heard knocking on my window. "Fuck, Johnny." I cursed under my breath when I saw his familiar icy blue eyes.

My hands reached for the 'unlock doors' button while he walked around to the other side. I put my phone away as I prepared for whatever he would tell me.

"Do you want me to turn up the heat a little?" I asked him, once I saw him trying to warm up his hands. He shook his head no, but I did so anyways. "You wanted to talk?"

"I did." He answered, looking straight ahead. "Did Daniel talk to you about me leaving you alone?" I nodded. "What's your thoughts on that?"

"It's stupid." I let out a laugh as I shook my head at Daniel's idiotic plan. "It just put me in a bad mood the whole day."

"I could tell." He laughed, something that was rare for me to hear so I made sure to not let the moment go to waste. "I also wanted to talk to you about something else."

This time, his tone sounded a bit different. He almost sounded nervous, which was weird to hear from him. "Go for it." I told him, lowering the volume on the radio.

He took a deep breath in before looking out the window. "What I said the other day, I want to take it back." This time, my eyes fell on him - almost in shock in what he said. "I do have feelings for you."

"I see." I nodded, biting my lip in thought. "And you know that I have feelings for you, right?" I inquired, knowing damn well that he knew my feelings for him.

"Of course." Finally, he turned back to look at me. "I was wondering if you would like for us to start over. Maybe actually let those feelings turn into something else."

"As in," I racked my brain for the right word, not wanting to ruin the moment. "A relationship?"

"Yes," he nodded. "That. I would like to be in a relationship with you, Desi, but I also want to ease into it slowly."

"I understand." I nodded, a smile developing on my lips at his words. "Does this mean we're a couple now?" I asked, maybe a bit too enthusiastic.

"Not yet." He gave me a small smile as he finally turned to look at me. "Soon though. I just want to take things slow."

"I'll respect that, Johnny." I told him, as I heard the bell ring. "Let's get to class." I reached over and gave his hand a small squeeze. "I'll see you after first?"

He nodded, "I'll see you."