Chapter Twelve

"I think we should head back." Raquel said as they walked out of the bookstore. Bethany ran her hands down her long slender arms as if cleaning them off.

"I can't believe you, Angela. You barely bought anything at the boutique. Nothing at the jewelry store.. No new purses or shoes, but you walk into that dirty dusty book store and you come out with bag fulls." Angela shrugged and was silently wishing that she had werewolf strength as the two bags of books seemed to be growing heavier by the second.

"Mommy, I'm getting sleepy." Kaylee said with a yawn.

"Well let's head home then, munchkin." Rebecca said wrapping her arms around her granddaughter. Everyone except Bethany and Angela piled into Rebecca's explorer. Angela and Bethany had taken Jake's midnight blue Silverado.

"We'll stop by and get some pizzas before we come home. I'm sure the guys will be hungry." Angela said. Rebecca nodded.

"Sounds good girls." she said and drove away. Angela and Bethany drove down the road to the pizza shack.

"Go in and order for us, Angela. I'm going to look at some of these books you bought and see what the big deal is." Bethany said. Angela smiled and walked in the restaurant.

It was a bright restaurant with lots of games for kids. There was a stage where someone in a giant dog costume was currently singing and dancing for a group of kids. Angela walked up to the counter and a middle-aged man with a bushy mustache was waiting to take her order.

"I need ten large pizzas with everything." she said. He typed in her order.

"You having a party or something." he asked as he took Jakes' credit card.

"No, we've got a big family with a lot of hungry men." Angela said smiling when she remembered just how much her werewolf family could eat at one time. The man snorted a laugh and handed Angela the card back.

"It'll take about 20 minutes." he said. Angela nodded and walked over to an empty booth and sat down to wait. She was watching the kids laugh and play as the dog bellowed out a horrible rendition of "You aint nothing but a hound dog" when she felt a cold chill pass down her spine.

She turned and saw a man watching her intently. He had icy blue eye and long pale blond hair. His face was sunken in and pale but she knew he couldn't be a vampire because the late afternoon sun was shining through the window on his face.

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat and wished that the pizza would hurry up and be done. She nearly stood and ran when she saw the man walking over to her.

"Hello miss." he said his voice just as cold as his eyes. "I haven't seen you around before." Angela saw his nostrils widen and realized he was smelling her. He must be a were creature of some sort.

"I haven't lived around here very long." she replied.

"What brings a beautiful girl like you to our town?" he asked.

"I should probably let you know I'm taken." she said as his eyes roamed over her. The way he was looking at her made a shiver run down her spine.

"Really? No ring I see." he said. Angela cursed silently. She had lost her ring when the subs had attacked her in the woods. Then his eyes went to the pale scar on her shoulder. Angela silently kicked herself for not wearing a t-shirt. "But then this is much more powerful." He traced the scar with his finger and Angela jerked away.

"Is there something I can do for you?" she asked. He shook his head.

"I didn't mean to scare you miss. It's just not very often we get beauties like you around here." Angela didn't reply, merely looked at the clock. She still had ten minutes before her order would be ready. She could call for Jake but she didn't want to worry him over nothing and Bethany would laugh at her for being so uncomfortable with the mans presence.