...two...

(Dipper's POV)

It felt good to sleep in that next day.
My body regained a little energy.
Not much.
I still hurt.
Pretty bad.
All my muscles are sore and tired.
I woke up pretty groggy, but immediately.

I yawn and snuggle my pillow some more. I face Mabel's empty bed. Sun was shining through the window and onto the floor. Glad it wasn't on me. I felt really warm, but cold. I didn't really understand my feelings, but I wanted a hug. I frowned.

"....g-ghhrrrr...." I grumbled, blinking and rubbing my eyes. I turn over on my back and stare at the ceiling. I let out a yawn, and after a few seconds, I sit up. "Hey, Dipper.....you awake yet?" Mabel's voice came from outside the bedroom door. I took in a deep breath before answering.

"Y-yeah...." I say, rather loudly so she could hear. "Can I come in?" Mabel asks. I barely smiled. "Yeah, you can." The door opened. Mabel smiles at me, then steps over. "Hey..." I say, looking down at my lap. "Hey, bro-bro....Stan's making pancakes for lunch.....you want some?...." I shake my head, sinking down and raising my shoulders an inch. "Dipper...." Mabel murmurs. I flick her a glance, then look back down at my hands on my lap.

"....I'm sorry about what happened yesterday......I know you're probably mad at me, but....." Her voice trails off and I glance up at her sad brown eyes. "No, Mabel....i-it's not your fault.....I'm fine, really, just......sore....." My sister smiled again. She meets my eyes. "Oh, okay. Well.....I'll save you some cakes for later. Right now, you just rest, I guess....." I hug my sister firmly. She was hesitant, but returned the gesture.

I want to cry.
If I don't, I'll burst.
Mabel, please.
Hear me, please....
I wish you knew what I was thinking.
I want to be comforted!
I hate Bill, and it's all getting to me!
Mabel.....

"...a-alright...." came my weak murmur. Behind that stammered word, hid so many broken others. And when my twin left, not seconds later, I felt even more alone. I press my palm to my mouth and heave a sob. It didn't make a sound. Only a thin stream of tears fell down my cheeks. I blink twice, then scrub my hot face to be rid of them.

You're pathetic, Dipper.

My eyes widen when I hear it. That voice in my head. In my ears. It was indeed his. Bill Cipher. He was getting in my head.....at least, that's what I believed. I felt insulted and violated.

Not again.
Not again, Bill.
I don't want you here.
You're a monster.

"Well....I wouldn't say that." I nervously glance around. No one. Nothing. Bill was nowhere to be found in my room. After he said that, I knew he was there, despite the fact that he physically wasn't.

After a minute of silence, I move off of the bed warily. I step to my dresser and pull open a drawer.

"Are you still mad at me, Pine Tree?..."

I froze, heart leaping in my throat. My grip tightens on the edge of the wood, fists now clenched dramatically. He's behind me. I know it.

"....g-get out.....I don't want you here....." I say to him, a frown on my features. I feel Bill step closer. I had nowhere to move, really. I just stay still. He's a demon. No matter what I do, I'd never be as strong as him.

"Huh? But I don't wanna leave.....not yet.......I came by to tell you something......." He says quietly, though his maniacal voice echoes. I frown deeper, dreading that I had to deal with this now. "....tell me, then get the hell out, Bill." I say firmly, practically spitting out his name.

He laughs.

He's right behind me.

"....I'm sorry, Pine Tree."