...seven...

(Dipper's POV)

"Woah, kid!!" I heard a familiar voice in my ears yelp. I felt two strong hands holding my forearms and shaking me back and forth, trying to rid me of clawing at my neck. When this person succeeded, my eyes snapped open and I gasped, choking for air.

I saw the concerned and scared face of my grunkle Stan. I blinked, panting and taking in heaps of air. He held my arms still and I nearly fainted. Although, more of me needed the comfort. I hurriedly moved up and grabbed on to him, trembling and pleading for a hug back.

The old man hugged me tightly an I began sobbing into him. "D-Dipper!! Are you okay?!" I heard Mabel's voice. I could tell she was crying. I couldn't stop doing it, though. I needed someone to be with. I just wanted to feel safe.

I wasn't going to talk about it. I didn't care about doing that. I just didn't ever want to see that demon again. Ever.

He did this.....
He hurt me!!!
He tried to get me to hurt myself!!!!!
I hate Bill!!!!!!

•••

That went on for about an hour, until I got tired again.
They tried to get me to talk about it.
I wouldn't.
I couldn't.
Instead, I needed more rest.
I demanded that they leave me alone about the situation, so I could sleep.
And they did.
But I couldn't sleep.
I was horrified.
I tried to think about bunnies or kittens.
Didn't work.
I just lay awake and cried quietly.
About three hours of that, I fell asleep.
I had a headache before I did that.
And in the morning.

•••

I didn't open my eyes.
My head throbbed.
My nose scrunched up.
I coughed and my body felt cold.
I wanted to just curl up under the blankets.
And I did.
But I also felt hot.
I wasn't sure what I wanted.

Then, I felt a warm hand press against my forehead. I frowned, not knowing who it was. "...n-nn..." I mumbled, my throat sticky. "....don't say a word, Pine Tree. You've got a fever." I gasped at his voice, my eyes snapping open.

I quickly slapped his hand away and jumped up. My head swam with pain. I groaned, but kept my gaze on him. Tears welled up in my eyes, and the demon blinked at me with a frown. His eyes weren't as wide as mine.

I blinked hard, tears falling. We were in the Mindscape, and I was already scared to death. I started panting, pulling my blanket over to me. "...Dipper...." Bill murmured. I sobbed louder.

"G-get away!! Please!!!" I cried loudly. His face seemed more sad. "D-Dipper....c-calm down....." "NO!!!" My lip quivered and I blushed, crying harder. My shoulders shook. "...y-you hurt me.....y-you're....e-evil.....I-I d-don't.....w-want you around me!!!...." I screamed the last part, but coughed extremely after.

"Dipper!" Bill yelled, frowning harder. He moved over onto the bed closer to me. I backed up, but mentally cursed when my back hit the wall. "Go away!!" I shouted, holding my hands up to block him, but he grasped my wrists. He slammed them above my head on the wall. I winced, but my eyes widened when he moved closer to my face.

I was forced to look into his glowing eyes. "Dipper." He said softly. "I wasn't the cause of your nightmare. I know that's why you're acting this way." With that, he firmly pressed his lips to mine. My eyes widened and I gasped. I blinked, tears trailed my eyes. My gaze lowered. I blushed harder, but I didn't understand the feeling in my chest and stomach.

I felt nervous.

But over all.....

I felt safe.