...eighteen...

(Dipper's POV)

My eyes snapped open.
I panted heavily, running a hand through my hair.
God.
What happened?
Was it a dream?
There was no way of knowing, truly.
I didn't feel safe anymore.
That feeling was long gone.
Bill wasn't going to protect me anymore.
That's how I thought.
I wasn't over him, though....
I knew he was playing with my heart.
I just knew it.....

I spent most of the day contemplating that fucking thought. No, those fucking thoughts. I wanted to get rid of Bill. It hit me right then, as my messy bed head lay against the pillow.

A wicked grin crossed my lips as I found myself running through town looking for things. Oh, how I was going to prepare. Maybe even celebrate afterwards. Yeah. A party.

~~~

I stood uneasily in a lone isle, searching for the right things. Every so often, I'd peek around the corner to see if someone was watching me. Nothing and no one, as it seemed. No way to be sure, though.

I kept shoving things in a small shopping basket. As soon as I was finished, I walked right up to the front to pay. Piling everything out onto the counter, I mentally counted each price and figured out just how much I'd owe.

Shit....might not have enough....
Glad I grabbed Mabel's purse on my way out, but still.....
God dammit....shoulda went for Stan's, too......

As I fumbled through my sister's purse and my own wallet, I heard the front bell ding. That meant someone had just walked in, in case you didn't know.

Fuck, I don't want to hold anyone up......

"I-I....can't seem to-" I started off making an excuse, but then a hand grabbed my shoulder. Before I could even process, someone shoved a stack of money toward the cashier. I opened my mouth to protest, but I already had my bags in hand and was being shoved out of the store. Still, the force unknown.

"Hey! Who...w-why-?!"

"Listen, Pinetree....we need to talk."

My eyes widened at the voice. I quickly jumped away from him. "...g-get away from me!!" I yelled, pulling my bags close to my chest. As if trying to hide them from him, I turned away and started off. "Hey! Pinetree!"

"STOP calling me that! I have a name, dumbass!!" I shouted back to Bill. I heard the shuffle of feet behind me. "Yeah, so do I!" He countered, catching up to me. I flicked a single glance at the demon, then looked forward. "Look, I don't want to hear it. I'm a bit busy. Just....go fuck with some other guy or girl.....I don't fucking care anymore....." I cursed, more than I'd normally do.

"You can't just walk off and tell me you don't care!" Bill yelped in a fit of pants. I froze, as he was lagging behind tremendously. I blinked, clenching my teeth and fists. I spun on my heels and glared right at his pale and light red face. I'm guessing he wasn't too accustomed to running like me as much....I hated to think it, but I had to admit.....he looked pretty freaking adorable like that.

"Bill, I'm DONE. I am DONE being an idiot, and I'm done listening to you! I'm done gawking and falling all over a fucking demon, who's been lying and trying to hurt me! I'm DONE feeling the way I feel about you! LEAVE ME ALONE, Bill....I'm begging you......"

By this time, I didn't even feel the tears. I couldn't feel them, for some reason. I watched Bill's expression turn from that of exhaustion to surprise dramatically. I furrowed my brows and brought a sleeve up to wipe my eyes. When I did, my wrist was covered in black liquid.

I shouted in surprise and confusion and fear, all in one. My eyes widened and I scrubbed my eyes, dropping the bags full of candles and whatnot.

Black.
Black.
Solid black tears ALL OVER.
In my eyes.
Down my cheeks.
Down my neck.
On my hands and shirt.
Some even getting in my mouth.

I gagged, and before I knew it, I had passed out.

~~~

(Bill's POV)

I knew what he was doing.
I could tell.
He just couldn't see it.
I didn't blame him, though.
My Pinetree was scared and confused.
I felt bad for him.
God, I wanted to hold him.
I wanted everything to be okay.
For him.
I should be the one to suffer.

I saw him buying all that stuff.
It's....a bit obvious, what he's going to do.
He'll be in for it, I know.
Damn....I don't want to hurt him.
I won't let them hurt him, but.....
I need someone to save him from what I know I'll do.
Fuck.
Well......guess I saw it coming.
Now, here we are.
In a parking lot.

And.....he's getting a lot worse.

My mouth agape, I scooped my Pinetree into my arms and hovered higher. I pressed him to my chest, making sure that he was breathing right. He'd stopped crying, but by now, the black residue was staining. Fuck, I knew it was going to happen. Why didn't I help when I had the chance?

He could die.....and there I was, being a complete ass about most things.

I pressed multiple kissing to his forehead, all over his face, not caring if his black tears got on me. All I cared about was him. I gently pecked his lips and stroked his hair.

"....you're gonna be okay, Pinetree....." I murmured softly.

Although.....I wasn't even sure of that, myself.......

I just hoped he would live.....

A few moments later, I arrived at the Mystery Shack. I stopped for a minute and thought, then moved up toward their bedroom window. Just as I'd suspected, I found his twin sitting there on her bed.

I huffed, annoyed that it had come to this. Hurriedly though, I threw my fist at the window repeatedly. This made her jump and turn my way, gasping at the sight. I put on an awkward face, holding her unconscious brother bridal style with black substance all over the both of our faces. Yeah.....one of the strangest feelings I'd ever experienced in my eternal life.

When Mabel finally got up out of shock to open the window, she ducked down. I was confused at first, then realized what she had. Standing back up, Mabel pointed a loaded handgun at my face. My eyes widened and I studied the gun, then her face.

"Y'know ya can't kill me, Shooting Star.....but, if you could.....it would be....pretty bad for little Pinetree, here....." I stated. She didn't even flinch. "What are you doing with my brother?!? W....what's that stuff all over you?!?!" She yelped. I clenched my teeth and whisper-yelled to her.

"Woah, woah! Quiet down! You wouldn't want anyone to hear.....I'll....explain, but we don't have that much time....." I pleaded.

"Mabel.....your brother is dying.....I know you don't care that much for me, but......I can help. Please...." I stressed.

All the while, Mabel just glared at me.

With the one movement of her head, I got my answer.

"No.....go back down to HELL, Bill....."

Her words hit me hard, bitter to the ears.

My eyes widened.

"....now give me my brother......"

• • •

A/N: HEY GUYS! I am so DEEPLY sorry that I haven't been updating!! School and life and shit has gotten me so distracted! I would write more, but I'm about to head to school XD sorry....and I WILL be writing more of the story, I just....haven't been that inspired for Bipper stuff lately! Oh well, LOVE YOU GUYS! HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!! XD