Welcome To Dreams Of Us

"Dad!!!" My daughter screamed as I picked her up. "It's bedtime, Anne. Your brother is already in bed, so you need to be in bed too."

"IT'S NOT FAIR!!!" Anne screamed.

"How so?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "You and Mommy always stay up late! Flash and I should be able to too!"

"Mommy and I are grown-ups, Anne. We have important things to discuss."

Anne crossed her arms and poured as I walked her into the kids room. I placed her down and she ran to her bed. "Goodnight sweeties-"

"Nooo!!!!!" They both screamed. "Can we have a bedtime story?" They asked me. I sighed and looked at them. Both of them had big eyes and their tails were wagging. "Fine..." I smiled. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a chair and sat in the middle of the room.

"What do you want to hear about? A princess and a knight for Anne and a monster for Flash?" I asked them.

"No! I want to hear about you and mom!" Anne beamed. Flash rolled his eyes at her. "It's all gonna be kissy stuff!" Flash gagged.

"Really Flash? Don't you know all the dangers your mother and I faced? Your uncles Tails and Knuckles were there to help too." I told his son. "What about Aunt Sticks?" Anne asked. "Yeah...she was there too, but not until much later." I explained to my kids.

"Alright, a story about your mother and I...oh! I got one! It's when I was only 9 and she was 7."

"It had been a few days after I met her. She was living with the guys and I. She had been getting rather fed up with all the mess..."

••••••
"Ugh! You guys are so nasty!" Amy complained and picked up a banana peel. Knuckles laughed at her and bounced on the beds. "Then maybe you should leave!" He laughed. Amy was hurt my that, but she took the challenge. "Fine! I'll make my own house!" Amy then stormed out of the house.

Sonic glared at Knuckles angrily and Tails was simply laughing in the corner. Knuckles knew the look of anger and shut up when Sonic growled.

"Be nicer to her, Knux. She's been through a lot." Sonic said and ran outside to get Amy.

He found her underneath a big shady tree and she had made a small box out of sticks. Natures wind could blow it over with a small gust.

"Amy? Can you...come back? I promise we'll help you clean." Sonic said and sat outside her stick house. Amy had her head down in her knees and she didn't say anything.

Sonic scooted forward. He tried to reach for her, but she scooted away.

Then Sonic had an idea. "Hey Amy, you know the story of the three little pigs, right?" He smiled and took a deep breath. Amy lifted up her head and looked at him. It was one of her favorite stories. "You want to be the pig? I'll be the big bad wolf!" Sonic said in a deep voice. He released all his breath and her stick house tumbled. Amy giggled at him.

"Oh Sonic, you're such a kidder." She giggled and they walked back home.

•••••

I finished the story and Anne had big eyes filled with happiness. Even Flash seemed to like it, despite the story having no robots or explosions.

"Night kids" I smiled and kissed their foreheads. Then I left their room in search of my little pig.