Flash's Nightmare (Adventure at Sea) Part 1

•Flash POV•

"Mom? Dad?!" I called out. The waves were dragging me down and I fought to hold on to my floating-device. "Mom! Daddy!!" I called out. "Don't worry, they're coming!" My sister, Anne, told me.

"How are they going to find us?" I asked her. "They just will, they have to!" She said and kicked her legs. "This is why Dad is scared of water!" She shouted as we both kicked harder. Our desperate attempt to reach shore was slim. I was beginning to feel like we both might die.

"I won't even have time to tell Mommy and Daddy bye..." I thought with sorrow washing through my body.

I felt my grip on the floating-device loosen. I slipped off the side and became to sink deeper and deeper into the water.

"FLASH!" My sister screamed.

"FLash!" Her scream got lighter.

"Flash!" I could barely hear her voice.

***

"FLASH! For heavens sake open your eyes!" Anne was screaming her head off and was shaking me. "Uugh! Quit it!" I complained and pushed her off of me. Anne was in my bed and staring at me with tears in her eyes.

"You were... sad. I thought I was helping." She mumbled and played with her gown. She refused to make eye contact with me. "I'm sorry I pushed you. I was having a bad dream." I explained to her.

I told her about the dream. "Oh. That must've been real scary." She whispered to me. We didn't want Mom and Dad coming in. They'd tell us to go back to sleep. I don't think either of us wanted to sleep anymore.

"Yeah... It was. I think something like that happened to Dad. He must've been so scared." I said and stared at the ceiling. Anne laid her head on my pillow, right next to my own head. "Yeah. Real scared. That's why I don't like the water." Anne responded. I shrugged and flipped to my side.

"I ain't scared." Was all I came back with. Anne rolled her eyes. "It's nothing bad to be scared of."

"I said I'm not scared. Go to your own bed before I shove you again." I threatened. Anne gasped and smacked my shoulder. "Meanie! Fine, I hope you cry yourself to sleep!"

"Shh! Do you want Mom and Dad to-"

"Flash! Anne! Go back to bed now!" Mom's voice yelled. She sounded angry. "Flash was gonna shove me off his bed!" Anne screamed and ran out of our room. "No I wasn't! She's a dirty liar!" I yelled and ran after her.

"Dumb sisters..." I growled.