Holding Hands

•Amy's POV•

"Mommy?" Anne asked me. "Yes dear?" I said as I tucked in her brother. "Can you tell us a story? Like Daddy does?" I nodded and kissed their heads.

"What would you like to hear?" I asked them. "The first time you guys held hands!" Anne smiled. "Ok, let's see...it was a little bit before we started dating."

•••••

Amy was laying underneath a big palm tree. Her hands rested by her side. She wasn't asleep, but her eyes were closed.

She heard the sound of running and opened one eye slightly. She saw a blue hedgehog looking left to right nervously. She closed her eyes before he looked over at her again.

He slowly slide down the trees trunk to the ground, right beside her. He entwined their fingers and stared ahead. Amy knew this because when she opened one eye his face wasn't facing her. His face was as red as Knuckles' fur coat. He was sweating from nervousness, too.

Amy shifted her body against the tree and "accidentally" laid her head on his shoulder. She felt his body stiffen with uneasiness.

"Thanks Sonic" she whispered.

His body stiffened even more. "U-Uh...Welcome..." He stuttered, but didn't dare move his body.

•••••

Anne crossed her arms and stuck out her bottom lip. "That's it? Didn't you guys kiss?" She asked me. I shook my head. "We were friends then. Friends don't kiss friends, and what do you know about kissing?" I laughed and raised an eyebrow.

"I kiss you, Daddy, and Flash!" Anne explained as I kissed her forehead. "Yes, yes you do, goodnight Anne." I kissed Flash, who hadn't complained and was already fast asleep. "Goodnight Flash." I said sweetly with motherly love.

I slowly tiptoed out and left a crack in the door.

"Sleep well..."