Walking Together

•Amy's POV•

It had been a long day and Sonic and I were finally putting Anne and Flash to bed. "How was your walk?" Flash asked us. "It was relaxing. Your father and I enjoy our time alone, but you two make us extremely happy." I answered and kissed Flash's nose. He wiggled his nose, that happened to look like his fathers.

"What'd you two talk about? Did you walk okay, Mommy?" Anne asked us next. "We talked a lot about you two. How you two are so special and important to us." Sonic told them sweetly. That was only partially true.

We talked about them, but we mostly talked about how we'll protect them. "Okay, will you tell us a story?" Anne and Flash asked us together. I sighed, as did Sonic. "Sorry you two. We're worn out. You think you can go without a story?" Anne looked at me and seemed to see how tired I was. Then she looked at Sonic, who seemed just as tired as I.

"Okay..." Anne sighed, sounding disappointed. Flash heaved a sigh, he sounded so dismal and upset. I bit my lip as Sonic was heading to the door.

"You know- I could stay and tell a quick story?" Sonic turned to me and he was very superstitious of this idea. "Ames, I don't think it's a good idea. You need this rest." I crossed my arms and shook my head. "That's an over exaggeration, I don't need to sleep yet. Our two precious babies need their story." I grinned at him. Sonic sighed and sat down on the floor at the door.

"I'm staying right here." He declared. I grinned and went over to him. I sat down in his lap and he kissed my face.

"Okay, so this is just a quick story. While your father and I were walking around outside, we saw this moose. It looked cross-eyed. It reminded us of this time Sticks went crazy of this curse thing. We had to go find this monkey to cure her. The monkey was a fake and it made us do all its chores. It drove us all insane!"

Sonic grinned at the quick story and then stood up. I stood up, with the help of Sonic, and we went off to our beds.

**********

I'm SO sorry. It's been forever since I got to work on this story. I'll be honest, I honestly didn't have any idea how this chapter would work out. But no worries, everything is going back to normal now. But I'm sad to announce that there will only be a few special chapters now. It'll all be completely randomized now.

Ok, see you in the next chapter!