Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

•Sonic's POV•

"This is the story about how I found your mothers perfect wedding ring." I explained to the kids. Anne say up, ready for the story. "It's gonna be all lovely dovey!" Flash complained and pretended to retch. "Oh it'll be okay! Come on Daddy! Tell me!"

"Okay, okay, so it was a few years ago..."

•••••

Sonic was walking around in the jungle by himself. It was dark and windy out there tonight. He had no light, and was hoping to find his way to his shack by pure memory. He hadn't expected that the jungle would look so different in a storm.

"That's what I get for letting Knucklehead take my communicator." Sonic thought and squinted his eyes to look around at the jungle. "Hmmm... I think it's over-" Sonic took one step to the right, and fell down into a hole.

He fell on his butt and yelped in pain. "Ow! That hurt like a- Woah!" Sonic's eyes widened as he looked up and saw diamonds shining down onto his face. "Amy would love these!" He smiled and jumped up to grab one. I grabbed hold of one, but I couldn't yank it off the top of the ceiling. "The problem with being skinny..." He thought and tried to pull the diamond out one more time.

"This is harder than I expected..." He said out loud. He let go of the diamond and fell to the ground, this time, not on his butt. "How am I going to get this out?" He asked himself. "I could call Tails on my- Wait, Knuckles has my communicator."

Sonic looked around for looser diamonds to grab. He couldn't find any as beautiful or as perfect for Amy, then that one. He came across ones that were looser, but they weren't for Amy. They didn't look or feel like Amy would adore it. She needed that diamond, and Sonic knew it. "Okay... One last try..." Sonic bent his knees as low as they would go and jumped up towards the diamond. He grabbed hold and threw his legs up to the ceiling and pulled down. There was a loud pop and then Sonic was falling towards the ground with the diamond.

•••••

"And that's how I got your mothers wedding ring!" I smiled. Anne clapped her hands excitedly. "When did you get out? How did you propose to Mom?" Flash asked me. "Well, I jumped out, and I got Tails to make the ring. Then I got down on one knee and proposed to Amy- I mean your mom." I explained to him. "It's bedtime now, night Flash, night Anne." I said and kissed their foreheads.