Almost Lost- Nightmare Night (Part 1)

•Sonic's POV•

As I slowly fell asleep I couldn't stop thinking about the story I had told the kids. What if I had lost Amy that day? What would my life be like now? I was hugging Amy close to me now. I didn't want her to leave me. Then I started to think about the first time I ever really almost lost Amy. I shuddered at the memory. Metal Sonic had hurt Amy and I was too late by the time I arrived. But we fixed her up quickly. That's all I could explain to myself. Then I drifted off to sleep with Amy in my arms.

•••••

Sonic was running in the jungle, but it looked darker and more intimidating. It was storming, but he didn't care. His mind wasn't on the jungle or the weather. His mind was on the figure of a pink hedgehog.

"Amy! Where are you?!" He called out over the rain and thunder. His heart was beating. He was on a mission to find Amy. He needed to find her. He just knew something bad was happening.

"Son-Son...ic?" A weak and hurt voice called out. "Amy?!" Sonic looked around in a circle until he came across Amy with heavily bleeding wounds near her chest and side. "Amy... I-I'll run you to the hospital!" Sonic said and picked her up. "Who did this to you?" Sonic asked weakly. The blood he saw scared him. He wasn't sure if he handle looking at it.

"Metal... Metal did this..." Amy coughed out and shivered. "Don't worry, you'll be okay, you'll be okay, Ames." Amy then passed out in Sonic's arms and Sonic kissed her cheek then ran to the hospital, trying to shelter Amy from the rain with his own body.

•••••

"Sonic, wake up. It's okay, I'm here, I'm safe." Sonic's eyes blinked open and then he gasped and squeezed Amy closer to him. "Ek! Sonic, what's the matter?" Amy asked him. "Sorry... nightmare, just go back to sleep." Sonic smiled and kissed her. "... Okay... You remember what tomorrow is, right?" Sonic nodded and grinned. "Our anniversary..."