CHAPTER 3

CARLI

I tossed and turned, a whine leaving my mouth. I wasn't comfortable at all, and my head was pounding from lack of sleep. I looked over and saw that Harry was fast asleep next to me, his torso naked and his black tattoos looking inviting. But I didn't touch them, touch him. Instead I pushed myself up and got up from the bed slowly, my eyes watching the rain hit the window softly. I smiled at the sound and wobbled to the window, my fingertips softly touching the drops from the other side. What was I going to do? Tell him I was hurt? Forgive him? I had no idea what to do, should I do something to get back at him?

I made my way to the bathroom and shut the door, my clothes falling to the floor. I turned on the shower and got in. I slowly cleaned myself, a tune humming underneath my breath. After I finished, I got out and dried off, wrapping the towel around me. I walked to the closet Harry and I shared and wobbled down the steps to where my section was. I looked through all my clothes as I heard shuffling upstairs. I heard harry's raspy voice call my name, his footsteps carrying down to my location. I listened as he let out a sigh, the bathroom door shutting. I picked out my outfit for the day and slipped it on, watching myself in the mirror as I did so. I couldn't wait to push this baby out, have my body back to how it used to be. I brushed out my hair as I walked up the steps, my plans for my hair simple. I blow dried my locks, softly curling it. I put on minimal make up on.

"You're dressed." Harry said as he walked out of the bathroom, his hand gripping his towel tightly. I only nodded at him as I put on some Chapstick. "Look baby--"

"I know what you're going to say. Sorry it wont happen again, I forgot or something stupid." I cut him off. Harry fell silent as I grabbed my purse, walking out of our room and down to the garage. I hit the door opener and watched as the machine did its job. I heard Harry follow me, his arms wrapping around me.

"Don't touch me.." I softly cried, wiggling against his chest. All I wanted was for him to hold me, but I was upset and I shouldn't let him off that easily. I looked up at Harry as he frowned, his lips leaving little kisses on my face. After a little while I pulled away as I fixed my hair, Harry's hands grabbing mine.. He brought them up to his face, his breath fanning against my skin. I watched him as he kissed my knuckles, his sad eyes meeting mine. 

"I forgot, I did. And I'm sorry. I've been putting you second and I don't mean to." Harry whispered.

"But you do. You do it and then when you come home, you expect me to do everything you want. What about me? I cooked a big meal for you last night and I wanted to talk through some problems we're having. I sat there hours and waited for you! I cried over you, I felt so stupid. Stupid that I actually thought you and I could stay happy." 

"We can. We will. I'm so sorry baby girl, I swear I will make it up to you. I'm sorry." Harry said, his voice cracking. 

"Just give me time." I mumbled, looking away. Harry nodded and kissed the side of my mouth, his wet lips making butterflies grow in my stomach.

"I'm having lunch today with some investors. I'd like for you to come with me. Then we can go do something together, how does that sound?"

"Lunch with investors? Sounds fun." I sarcastically said.

"Tania will be there." Harry pointed out. Tania was a girl that Harry saved from my abusive father and crazy brother when Harry killed the two. She was soft spoken and never stepped on my toes. She never flirted with Harry or even checked him out-- I think she has a thing for Karl. Tania didn't have much friends and Harry thought it would be a good idea to befriend her, to make her feel comfortable. I felt horrible for the way she was treated. All the things she went through was a nightmare, I bet she cries herself to sleep every night. I didn't know what to say when she told me, all I did was hold her as she sobbed. After that night her and I began to develop a friendship, a true one at that.

I sighed. "Fine. But that doesn't mean I'm not mad at you, because I am." I pointed out, walking back into the house to change my clothes. Harry had a thing where he wanted me to look classy and nice when I went to Gang things, jeans a no-go. I understand completely, even though it's a pain to find those kinds of things for a whale. I liked to dress up, so I didn't complain to Harry. 

"This dress is so tight." I breathed out, looking over at Harry as I put my hair in a low ponytail. Harry finished with his scarf and looked over at me, a smile tugging at his lips.

"I think you look beautiful. Besides, you don't have to impress anyone except for me and you got that down." Harry kissed the side of my head and grabbed at my butt. I slapped his hand away as I softly giggled, grabbing my tan purse I slipped on my heels. I put on some simple jewelry and looked over at Harry as he slipped on some boots. 

Harry and I walked to his car and got in, his hand resting on my leg underneath my dress. His rough but gentle hand feeling good on my freshly shaved skin. The plan was just to spend the day at Harry's office, so he could 'keep an eye on me'. Which I just think he wants to see me, so I don't do anything stupid. When we parked in his reserved spot, Harry helped me out of the car and we made our way up to the top where his office was placed. 

"Carli! You look cute today." Tania said as she handed Harry a cup of steamy coffee. Harry mumbled a thank you as he sat at his desk, the mug being placed to the side as he signed into his computer. 

"Thank you, Tania." I sent her a smile as I sat down in a comfortable chair. 

"Would you like some tea? I just bought your favorite." Tania announced. I looked up at her and sat my bag down.

"That would be lovely, actually." I sent her a smile and nodded. Tania smiled back and walked out, leaving me and Harry alone.

"She went on a date with Karl last night." Harry informed me, his eyes never leaving his computer. 

"Did he tell you how it went?" I asked.

"He said she was really shy, maybe you should get her out of her shell. Give her some pointers of dating." Harry finally looked at me, sending me a genuine smile. 

I snorted and giggled. "Coming from me? I can't even make my boyfriend have sex with me." I joked.

Harry's head snapped up and his eyes wide. "That is not how it's going! I don't want to hurt you and I can wait! Carli--"

"Calm down, Harry." I laughed, making him playfully glare at him. "I was just teasing you!"

Harry chuckled as I smiled big, Tania walking in with a cup of tea for me. I thanked her as I took the cup, giggling as I sipped it.

-

"Mr. Styles, lovely seeing you!" A man said, shaking Harry's hand as we walked up to the table. I sent Tania a smile as we sat down next to each other, Harry sitting down next to me. 

"Donald, how are you?" Harry asked. Donald was an investor of Harry's, who gave his gang to Harry for just a little price.

"I'm good. Good to see you my daughter." Donald said, nodding towards Tania. His eyes fell on me, light twinkling in his orbs. "You look magnificent today, love. I can't believe you and Harry will be parents soon! What is the sex?"

Harry smiled proudly. "It's a boy."