CHAPTER 22

CARLI

The first day of the reunion went by slowly, consisting of getting to know everyone and just hanging out. Harry's grandma made a big dinner, which was amazing, but I felt sick and Harry thought I was coming down with a fever. With Anne's suggestion, I was on bed rest. I was grateful for everyone understanding what needed to be done, but I felt bad since I was bringing everyone down. The family said I wasn't, but I felt like I was.

This morning I was eating breakfast with Harry and his grandparents. I loved how caring and sensitive Harry was towards them, it made me think a lot about how great he would be at fathering our child.

"So, Harry, are you in the mood for a good game of golf?" Harry's grandpa asked as he sipped on his coffee. Harry looked up from his plate, his long hair messy from sleep.

"Golf? I'll beat you, you sure your ego can take that?" Harry grinned. His grandpa huffed, setting down his mug.

"Son, I will teach you a few things. Shouldn't be dirty talking against me little man!" Harry laughed and turned to me.

"You'll be okay here?" Harry asked.

I knew he wanted to go so I nodded, sending him the best smile I could muster up. Harry leaned in and pressed a kiss to my cheek, his lips wet. I giggled and watched him leave with his grandpa, leaving me alone with his grandmother.

"How are you feeling dear?" She asked as she sipped on her tea. I looked over at her and shrugged/

"As expected. How are you?" I smiled.

"I've been better." She chuckled, getting up and rinsing out her cup. "You seem very lovely, Carli. I'm glad that you and Harry adore each other. He wasn't the kind of guy to fall in love, I have to say."

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Harry was an angry boy. I couldn't stand his behavior sometimes, it was horrible. Several time Anne would have to call the cops on Harry. He would tear through a room like a tornado, ruining everything he put his hands on. Harry would get into fights and--"

"Carli!" Gemma called, making Harry's grandma go quiet. Gemma walked into the kitchen and smiled at her, which she didn't return. Gemma's smile faltered as she turned to me, her eyes telling me how sad she was. I took her arm and walked outside with her, the patio looking inviting.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked her, my gaze raising to the gray sky.

"Well, I want you to meet someone first. Come with me." She said, her hurt replaced by joy and excitement. I nodded and followed her back inside. We stopped in the living room where a little girl was sitting playing with building blocks. Her big eyes looked up at me, her little childish smile making me smile back. She got up and rushed over to Gemma, wrapping her little chubby arms around Gemma's leg.

"Well hello there cutie, what's your name?" I asked.

"This is Annabella, my daughter." Gemma beamed. Daughter?

"Oh. I-I didn't-"

"It's okay. Everyone thought I had an abortion. But no, I kept her and she's my little angel." I sat down on the couch and watched Annabella as she poured all her attention on Gemma. Her hair was flinging all over the place but she didn't seem to mind. "Go say hi to auntie Carli, baby." Gemma cooed to Annabella.

Annabella looked over at me and shyly walked over, her little hands pressed against her cheeks as she giggled. "Hi." She breathed.

"Hi there." I smiled.

"You pretty." She babbled.

"Thank you, you are too." I giggled and pinched her cheek softly, making her smile and burst into little fits of laughter. After several minutes of getting to know the cutie, Annabella lost interest and started playing with her blocks again.

"How do you feel about going shopping with me and my mum? We kind of want to get a few things for the baby if that's okay." Gemma said, watching Annabella carefully. "I know Harry probably has tons of money and has already bought the baby more than he needs but the two of us want to pitch in the best we can."

"Of course. Want to go now?" I smiled and giggled.

"Yes!"

After what seemed to be forever, Gemma and I were ready. Anne was tagging along since Robin was out playing golf. The three of us-- four if you include Annabella-- piled into Anne's car and began our day. We shopped at vintage stores, the big Babies-R-Us and finally Anne's favorite store- Osh Kosh. The back was filled with bags of stuff and Anne felt bad for putting me through the stress of having to walk.

"Anne, honestly I'm fine." I breathed, smiling at her as we drove back to the house.

"Harry's going to get mad." I heard Gemma say. It was true, but he needs to calm down. We arrived home just in time for dinner, the men already home from their golfing trip. I helped the two with the shopping bags the best I could do, smiling as they took them up to the room I was staying in.

"Where did you go." I heard Harry growl. I turned and faced him, seeing an angry look on his face.

"Anne and Gemma took me shopping--"

"Seriously? You can't walk that much! You're already in so much stress you don't need to put more stress on your body! I thought you listened to the doctor!" Harry shouted, his anger taking control.

"I'm a big girl, Harry." I snapped. "It isn't that big of deal. I was stuck in this house while you were out golfing and Gemma wanted to cheer me up--"

"Gemma ruins everything." Harry cut me off.

"You don't have to be rude." Gemma said, her emotion gone. "You left her to have fun, so I thought I could do something. You don't have to control everything she does, you know."

Harry stared at his sister, his jaw clenching and his hands tightly balling into fists. "I do have to control everything." Harry hissed. "Because the time I let her go she almost died! I don't want to lose her like I've lost everyone else! I love her with all my soul and you didn't even tell me where you where!"

I stood there, watching as Harry broke down. "You left me, Gemma. You left me and I don't want you talking my fiance into leaving too. I didn't know where she was and the times I called her, she didn't answer."

"Because I took her phone. She needed some time away, Harry!"

"That's the thing! She didn't! Carli and I are happy so she doesn't need time away! Don't feed her those thoughts, Gemma!!!"

"Harry." I whimpered, tugging on his arm. He looked down at me, snapping his arm away.

"Don't. I need some space." Harry growled, sending a glare to Gemma as he stormed out of the house. Gemma rolled her eyes and ran upstairs, leaving me stunned and confused. After several minutes of contemplation, I decided to go after Harry. I wobbled outside, looking around for him. In the distance, I found him sitting at the dock, a little lake stretched out before him. The sun was gone, replaced by a bright full moon. I wobbled down to where he was, my feet making little noises as they ruffled through the grass.

"Princess." Harry sobbed, not looking at me. I stopped moving.

"Harry.." I slowly whispered. He turned to me, his face red from crying. I breathed out and walked to him, smiling as he helped me sit beside him. My head rested on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around me.

"I'm sorry. I just-- The last time-- I don't--"

"Harry, shh. You don't have to explain." I whispered as I kissed his cheek, my hand laying on his leg.

"She just pushes my buttons so much." Harry mumbled.

"You didn't have to yell, you know."

"I know." Harry sighed. "I'm sorry."

"You really should apologize to your sister." I said as I kissed him, our lips moving together.