CHAPTER 48

CARLI

I stepped on the gas pedal, my heart beating fast as I tried to get my thoughts straight. I had no idea where I was going. Where would Sophia be? Honestly all I thought of was the beach house--

That's it! 

I knew I was going the opposite way so I quickly turned around, my tears blurring my vision. I wanted my baby back, I wanted my old life back. Before everything with the gang. I drove in silence, the noise of the radio turned off. All I could hear was the soft patter of the rain against the window shield and my breathing. 

My eyes went big as the engine made a weird noise, my car slowly losing power. "No no no!" I panicked. I hit the steering wheel as my car made a complete stop at the side of the road. I grabbed my purse and dug inside for my phone. Grasping it in my hand, I pulled it away and cursed when the screen flashed telling me that it was dead. I got out and ran my fingers through my hair, my eyes looking all around. It looked as if I was close to a forest, the bright moon giving an eerie glare to it. I walked around my car and picked up a rock. I chucked it and fell to my knees. I was lost, my car wont start and my baby is somewhere with a psychotic girl who needs to be dead. 

Over time I slowly got cold, the tip of my nose numb. Hearing a car engine, I shot up from my place and walked to the side of the road. I flung my arms in the air and screamed nonsense, my shoulders slouching as the car passed. Suddenly it slammed on the breaks, their red lights illuminating the space around us. The car door opened and someone got out, the door slamming as if the person was angry. 

"Carli what do you think you're doing??" Harry screeched. My eyes went big as I saw who it was. "It's almost freezing and you're out in it? And let me guess... your car wont start?"

"Well- I-" I stumbled.

"Thought so. I told you to stay put and of course you didn't listen." Harry said as he walked up to me, his strong arms wrapped around me. "Where were you going anyways?"

"I think I know where Sophia is." I stated. His hair flew in the wind, his jaw line sharp. 

"Where?" Harry asked amused.

"At the beach house. It makes sense, doesn't it?" I asked. Harry looked at me, his eyes widening.

"I didn't think of that. But that makes perfect sense. Come on, let's go. Karl and some men are close behind us." Harry said as he helped me get inside.

"What about the car?" I asked as I buckled up.

"Leave it. I can buy you a new one." Harry mumbled as he drove away fast. I sunk in my seat and looked outside. "I need you to listen to me, alright?"

"Okay." I nodded, pushing my hair out of my eyes. 

"I need you to take this." Harry said handing me a gun. My eyes flashed down to it, my blood running cold. 

"Harry- I can't. What will I even need it for?" I asked softly, my hands not moving.

"Carli, I don't want you to not be armed. I don't know what will be there so we have to be careful and ready." Harry spoke. I nodded and took the gun, gently placing it in my coat pocket. "And don't be scared, the safety is on. But don't forget to take it off when we get there."

"Harry?" I asked after several minutes of silence.

"Mm?" He hummed.

"Is Gemma... Is she.."

"No, fortunately. She just has a concussion and stitches. The doctors say she has to stay overnight for observation." 

"Thank goodness." I sighed in relief. "That makes me so mad. Why would anyone--"

Harry slammed hard on the brakes, making my body fling across the seat belt. I whimpered in pain as Harry quickly got out. He walked to the side of the road and bent over something. I frowned and quickly got out, walking over to him. I stopped when I saw Leo's baby blanket, my mouth opening in horror as blood stained the satin fabric. I covered my mouth as a sob escaped them. Harry turned to me and stood up, his long legs carrying him to me quickly. Harry scooped me in his arms, my body close to him.

"H-He's d-dead." I sobbed.

"Shh princess. He isn't dead, promise. We need to get there sooner or then our nightmares will be reality." Harry spoke as he sat me back in the car. 

We arrived at the road where the house was and Harry parked on the side, not pulling into the driveway. "This way they wont see us coming." I got out and shut the door, looking up at the sky as the wind blew hard. I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and I couldn't make it go away. Headlights appeared and I looked back, seeing it was Karl parking behind us. 

"Carli." Karl spoke. I said nothing and walked through the grass and stopped, turning to Harry. harry was watching me. 

"I'm going in there first. Don't come with me, okay? I can handle myself and you can watch. If you see anything bad happen come after me." I spoke, my voice strong.

Harry hesitated but Karl spoke up for him. "Okay. We'll be watching." I walked over to Harry and gave him a kiss.

"Be careful." Harry breathed. I nodded and got the gun out, carefully taking the safety mode off. I quickly made it to the old door, my body crouching down as I peaked through the window. A light was on, but it seemed as if nothing was there. I opened the door, cursing as it made a noise. I walked inside and cocked the gun up straight ahead, something Harry taught me a long time ago. I looked around me and stopped when I heard humming. I swallowed and took a few steps to another door. Light was shining through the crack, making it slightly easy to look inside.  I held the gun tightly in my hands, it close to my chest. 

Tania was holding Leo in her arms, her eyes looking down at him in a peaceful way. My grip tightened even more once I saw the gash on his forehead. It still looked wet and his soft green colored eyes telling me he was in pain. Tania kissed his cheek and laid him down in his crib.

"Mommy wont come after you, baby. You'll be all mine." Tania whispered. That was it. My anger was boiling over and I wanted to let it go. I stood back and took a deep breath. 

"I got this." I hissed to myself. I lifted my leg and slammed it against the door, kicking it open harshly. It hit the wall hard, making Tania jump back. I walked into the room, my gun pointed right at her face.

"Well hello there." I hummed, a smirk on my face as her eyes filled with shock and horror. 

"C-Carli-"

"Shut up." I hissed. "I don't want to hear your annoying voice, got it?" Tania swallowed, her head nodding fast. I kept my gun pointed at her as I looked at Leo. "What happened to my son?"

She remained silent.

"Talk!" I screamed.

"Sophia.. He was crying and she was annoyed." Tania started.

"So you're telling me that she hit my baby because he was crying?" 

"Yes."

"Where is she?" I demanded.

"N-Not here. She went to go get something and left me with Leo."

"Right." I mumbled, taking steps close to her. Tania stepped back, her back pressing against the wall. "I don't believe anything you say."

Tania slapped me across the cheek, making me gasp as she ran away. Or tried to. I remembered something Harry taught me.

"If your opponent runs away, drop down and stick out your foot. They'll trip and fall. There you'll have the advantage."

I quickly dropped to the floor and stuck my leg out. I hissed when she came into contact with it. Her body slammed against the floor. I smirked as I pinned her down with my foot.

"Wrong move, sweetheart." I growled.