CHAPTER 20

CARLI

"Well thank you doctor." Harry said as he helped me down from the hospital bed. My feet hit the ground softly, his hand holding my arm so I wouldn't slip. I've lost my balance and I slip at every chance I get. 

"No problem Mr. Styles." The doctor beamed. "Just be careful Carli, you're ready to pop."

You're telling me, buddy.

"Take baths, don't stress yourself out and just relax. It's horrible for the fetus if you have so much stress in your life. Drink tea and have some fun."

"Okay, will do." I replied, sending him a warm smile. He nodded as he lead us out of the room. Nurses ran to and fro, their faces etched with boredom or worry. I held Harry's hand tightly, our fingers laced together as we walked down the hallway. 

"Have a good night you two." The doctor called as Harry and I walked out of the hospital. Harry waved and smiled down at me, his eyes shining. As we walked outside, the night sky was dark and the moon was nowhere to be seen. The temperature had dropped, my nose going numb as we slowly made our journey to Harry's truck. The black paint shined in the darkness, the light above it making it look shiny and new. 

"How are you feeling?" Harry asked me once we made it to his truck. Harry opened my door and put me inside. After he was done, he shut the door and made his way to the drivers side. 

"Good, I guess. I'm kind of glad I'm not giving birth here but I'm bummed we're not going to meet our little guy tonight." I said as Harry got in. I put on my seat belt and smiled in contempt as I heard a soft click. Harry started the truck and turned the lights on. 

"Me too." Harry agreed as he backed out of the spot. We drove back to the hotel in comfortable silence, my lips turning up in a smile as I heard Harry him a song, his long fingers drumming against the wheel. 

"Are you hungry babe?" Harry asked as we walked into our hotel room. It was chilly, so Harry walked over to the temperature box and turned the heat up. 

"Yeah. Can you order room service or something? I don't really feel like going out." I said tiredly as I took my hair out of the bun it was in. 

"Sure. You should take a bath, how about I start it for you?" Harry asked, walking over to me and picking me up in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I nodded, holding onto him tightly as he carried me into the bathroom. When my bath was all ready, Harry helped me undress and sit in the tub. "I'll make some tea for you." Harry said as he pressed a kiss to my knuckled. I smiled and watched him walk out of the bathroom, leaving the door slightly open. As I sat in the tub, I watched as the baby kicked, making indents that I could see. Smiling, I pushed two fingers against my bump, pulling back as I watched him kick back. I giggled and kept doing the action, loving how alert he was at the moment. It sometimes hurt when he kicked, but ever since the false labor he'd been pretty quiet. I guess it scared him.

Several minutes into my relaxing bath, Harry came back with a steamy cup of tea. "Why are you giggling?" He asked as he raised an eyebrow. 

"Nothing." I smiled as I took the cup from him, smelling the calming aroma of Chamomile tea. I sipped some and sat it down on the edge of the tub.

"Oh sure." Harry smiled as he walked back out.

-

I woke up the next morning feeling crumby. My body was in pain and I could tell the baby wasn't a happy camper. Harry was gone again, doing something for the Gang. We're flying out to England tonight so I guess he was wrapping things up before he left. I reluctantly got up and groaned, my bladder screaming to me for release. As I wobbled to the bathroom, I knew that I had to pack everything up before Harry got here to pick me up. Finishing up from the bathroom, I sighed as I heard a knock on the door. Drying my hands on my night shirt, I opened the door and saw Tania standing in the doorway. 

Great.

"Can I help you?" I asked her, holding onto the door tightly. I was having a dizzy spell and I just wanted to go lay down and watch reruns of Grey's Anatomy. 

"I just wanted to talk to you." Tania said. "You have something to say."

"And what would that be?" I asked without emotion. 

"That you're sorry? You ruined my relationship with Karl and you told me lies about John. You owe me a huge apology, don't you see?"

"You're serious?" I laughed. This girl must be on crack or something to think I had anything to apologize for. 

"Yes." Tania spat, putting her hands on her not even showing bump. 

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Listen, I have nothing to say to you. It's your own fault that you screwed things up with Karl. After Harry saved your life, gave you a job and even a roof over your head you have the nerve to do what you did. You don't need to tell me what to say, because I will say and do whatever I please. And I advise you to get out of my life because if you don't, I don't think you'll be happy. I don't need Harry to bring you down."

Tania bit down on her bottom lip, her eyes looking away. It was hard telling her that, she was actually a really good friend of mine. I didn't know what I did wrong, so I just shut the door in her face and took a deep breath. I turned to the hotel room and decided that I should pack everything up now. 

HARRY STYLES

Everything was up and running. I was proud of the progress the gang had done over the past two days and I had high hopes for the future. As I was gathering my things, Karl walked into the room. he had his hands in his pocket and a guilty expression on his face. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him, even look at him. I grabbed my bag and put the binder I had used over the past days in it and slung the bag over my shoulder. I tugged my hair into a bun and listened as Karl sighed.

"Harry--"

"If you're going to make excuses, I really don't want to hear them." I shortly said. 

"What I did.. Was horrid. I shouldn't have yelled and I shouldn't have taken things out on Carli. I feel horrible and I know I need to say sorry to her." Karl said as he followed me out to my car. 

"Oh, you have some big things to explain. After I took her out on the town, she went into false labor because of the stress you and your little girlfriend put her in yesterday. She's in so much pain and I'm not happy, at all."

"I-I didn't know. I'm sorry."

"Don't." I snapped. "I'm putting you for my secretary for awhile. You have no power until I say so, you screwed up your potential, mate."

I got into my truck and slammed the door, starting the engine. I drove to the hotel and parked in the front, making my way up to the room Carli and I were checking out off.

"Ready princess?" I said, smiling as I saw her asleep. Her body was stretched out on our luggage, looking so peaceful.