Chapter 4

I woke up to the sound of an explosion. Our sleeping quarters are on fire and I look around and see 2 cots empty, but someone was still in one of them. It was Andrew, I ran over to him and told him to get up. He rolled over and fell off the cot.

I stomped on him out of panic and screamed, "Get up!!!".

He got up and grabbed a bow and a quill of arrows and took off out of the room. I did the same and left -chasing after him. He ran up 4 flights of stairs and i followed he went on the deck on the side of the boat. I saw Buck and ran to him.

I said, "Whats going on?"

Buck replied, "I think the Tven are attacking with a submarine, here, go over to that deck and shoot anything in the water".

The Boat began to pick up speed and i saw a few hundred feet away a Guardian and a big metalic claw grab him and pulled him off the side of the Boat into the water. A big metal alien came over the edge of the boat and started
to throw people off. I saw a man for a split second then he was gone. He appeared on the other side of the alien.

I thought, "Did he just teleport?"

He teleported to get the aliens attention and it swings at the man. He teleports on top of the alien and then by the edge of the deck and the alien runs towards him, the alien goes right off the edge of the Boat and lands in the water and explodes.
The man teleports to me and whispers, "Room 804", and teleports away. I can't see where he went. Everybody else goes back under the top deck.

Buck passes me and says, "You and the 15 remaining Guardians stay up here just in case".

I say, "Ok".

A few minutes later i ran down to the 8th floor, I just realized how many floors there are, 12. I found room 804 and looked around and walked in. It was the man that teleported, he looked at me and stared.

I finnaly said, "Who are you?"

The man said, "I am Mark".

I said, "I a-".

Before i could finish he said, "I know who you are, Jake, come take a seat".

I sat down and he started talking, "You my friend are a rare breed, like me."

I asked, "Wait, what?".

He awnsered, "You have abilities like me".

I said, "What are you talking about, im no different than Buck or Wes".

He said in a calm, deep voice, "Yes you are".

I said, "So your ability is teleportation?"

He said, "You saw me on the deck, right? You see me right now right?"

I replied, "Ye-".

Before I finished he teleported and came back a few seconds later with a small bag of Skittles. He tossed one to me.

Mark said, "Whats your power?".

I said, "I dont know".

He got up and swung at me. I quickly dodged it and ran to the door.

Mark yelled, "Cmon, it was a test!".

I said, "What?!?! How does punching me count as a test?".

Mark said calmly, "When I swung you turned invisble, and used your enhanced reflexes. Your ability is invisibilty".

I said, "Cool...".

He said, "Follow me".