Author's Note

Writing this has been so fun. You have no idea what each comment and vote means to me, and I can't wait to continue this series with you guys. You know, you're just as much a part of my writing process as Astra and Albus and James. Your comments often give me ideas for future plot ideas. You give me my motivation to write about Astra's adventures, and tell you her story. I hope you love the characters as much as I do (though I don't know if that's possible, I love them a lot).

The next book, Saving Star, should be posted within a week, and I'll make sure to announce it in another author's note on this book. I need a while to come up with next year's mystery... Suggestions are welcome!

One more thing. Now that school has started, updates won't be as frequent with Saving Star as they have been with this book. Two a week at the most, one if I'm busy. I promise I'll always update at lease once a week, though.

As most of you know, I've entered this in the 2015 Wattys, and I honestly did not think I'd finish it by the deadline. But here it is, finished in time! Before I publish Saving Star, I'm going to go through and polish this story a little, adding minor details that won't affect the story but will make it a better read. I might rewrite some chapters (like that cringey, backstory-filled first one), but I promise I won't change anything major! Mainly just grammar and a few sentences to make it flow better.

Anyway, I really hope you enjoyed this story, and I hope you stick with me through the rest of the series! I hope it'll be really good...

If you'd like another Next Gen book to read, I definitely suggest Bananabrains13's Albus Severus and the Angel's Curse. Very interesting story, even if the updates are a tad slow. Things are starting to heat up in it, too! Go check it out!

If you'd like your book reviewed, I suggest PeacefulChaos127. Partly because she gave this book a glowing review. But also because she does really good ones!

Saving Star publish date: September 2.

Questions:

Who are Astra's parents?
I'm afraid I can't tell you that. It'll be pretty huge to the plot later, though!

Was the family in the Mirror of Erised Astra's family?
Well, potentially. It's really just Astra's idea of what she wants her family to be like. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I guess we'll just see, won't we?

What is Astra's favorite animal?
Hmm...well, I'd have to say a cat. This will probably be mentioned later, but the only living being in the Lewis household that seems to like Astra is their cat. And it's funny, because I hate cats.

What city did Wren live in?
About 40 minutes outside of Portland, Maine, on the coast. Don't ask me why I chose that. I was thinking Baltimore, Maryland, at first, but decided that since I've never been to New England at all, it might be better to stick with something I've at least read about (Maine) and not choose a city, really. Anyway, I doubt her grandparents would live in very close proximity to muggles.

What is James's favorite book?
He'd love to tell you that he doesn't read, but when he was nine, he snuck into his aunt's library and read a muggle book that he never could forget, called The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. He never actually returned the book, either.

What is Albus's favorite food?
He wanted to say pudding, but his mom decided that that wasn't a food, so he settled on mashed potatoes.

Why can't you quit school and write this book all the time?
I wish I could, but actually I wrote most of this during the summer and did write all the time, I just didn't publish it all at the same time because I like keeping you on edge.

Will Jastra happen?
It could, and I really like the idea of it, but it all depends on where this story goes. It's up to where Astra and James take their friendship, and I'm not going to make a forced romance because those are never good. Only if it flows with the story.

Why did Wren do what she did?
I'm afraid I can't give that away just yet. You'll know eventually. For now, rest in the knowledge that you haven't seen the last of her.

What was your favorite line to write?
Gosh, that's hard. This'll probably sound stupid, but I think it's that part when they're at Hagrid's, and James brings up the dragon egg and asks how Hagrid got it, and he goes, "Oh...ya know...found it..." I don't know why, but I really liked that part.