Chapter 15 - Star Wars Meets Hogwarts

A few days after, I had successfully put the images in the mirror out of my mind.

Almost.

Sometimes, if my mind wandered during class, I would find myself daydreaming about them. I would be cooking with my mother, or raking leaves in the garden with my dad. Or maybe I'd be playing tag with my brother, or reading to my sister.

Whenever that happened, I would quickly try to focus on the professor again. I couldn't obsess over this. Like James said, they might not even be real.

One day, I was sitting in Potions class, trying my best to copy Wren as she deftly chopped her dittany and measured it out. I might not have been skilled with a knife, but at least I could understand what I was doing. At the table in front of me, Luke and Albus were obviously struggling. Wren kept hissing instructions at them under the cover of searching for a better knife.

Luke clicked his pen whenever he needed help. Everyone in first year seemed mystified by the pen, a muggle contraption that they'd apparently never set eyes on before. Because of that, Luke made a point to use it whenever possible. I think it might have been his most prized possession.

Professor Sulcan prowled the room, breathing down everyone's necks, frowning whenever Luke's pen clicked but apparently unable to locate the source of the mysterious ticking noise. He seemed to always pay particular attention to the Gryffindors, making us more clumsy and nervous than we would have been with a different teacher. I doubt the clicking pen helped.

The worst part about him was that he refused to allow Rose and Scorpius to be partners. Scorpius was assigned a seat next to an ugly Slytherin boy named Atticus Calrone, and Rose was stuck with Henry Tinter, a Gryffindor who always managed to make his potions explode.

Suddenly, Albus and Luke yelled and jumped backwards, knocking over the table Wren and I had been working on. It fell into one of the shelves containing extra Potions books and supplies, knocking everything on the floor and creating a huge mess. Before I had time to yell at them, Luke's cauldron burst into flames, melting his cauldron and setting the table on fire. Students were screaming, and Professor Sulcan hastily put out the fire, before turning on the two boys.

Albus stared at the mess with wide, shocked eyes. Slowly, he turned his gaze to look at Luke, completely calm in the chaos.

"What," hissed Professor Sulcan, "was that?" He glanced back and forth between the two potentially guilty parties before deciding on the more obvious one. "Luke!"

"I am your father!" Luke shouted, then resumed his smirk. Everyone stared at him in shock, except me. It was too much. Luke standing there, serene and unmoved, in the midst of the remains of his potion, yelling back a Star Wars quote at Professor Sulcan. I doubled over laughing.

"W-what?" asked the professor, slightly taken aback.

"Search your feelings!" Luke said boldly. "You know it to be true!"

Wren frowned at me as I sat down on the floor, trying to hold in my giggles. The last thing I wanted was for Professor Sulcan to notice me.

Professor Sulcan frowned at Luke. "Young man, I do not appreciate being made a joke of." He indicated me with his head.

Luke wasn't done, though. He jumped up onto one of the upright tables and quoted, very dramatically, "You can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny! Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy as father and son! Come with me. It is the only way." He struck a pose and stared off into the distance.