SAVING STAR IS UP!

Ok while I've got your attention:

I'm going to tell you exactly what happened when I read comments on the last chapter.

I started crying.

That's right.

Crying.

That's how much you guys mean to me. Like, even your witty comments and jokes were making me laugh, I was still crying because that's a whole book gone, a whole part of Astra's journey done with. It was mainly tears of joy, though, because I literally made other people happy with something I made.

Do you know how insane that is?

Something I made entertained you guys, and that's so mind-blowing for me. I tend to think of myself as a fairly uninspiring person. And yet, I seemed to make a bit tiny bit of your lives brighter by this book.

Especially those of you who are reading this just after I post it. You guys are the people that I write for. I mean, for myself, of course, but also for you.

And of course, I'll have more commenters as more people read, but nothing can beat the few of you who followed at first, voted and commented, believed in me, and inspired me. This story is as much yours as it is mine. So I'd like to thank you, my first readers, for sticking with me and commenting and making me laugh until my parents called an asylum to come and pick me up.

Thank you to all of you just reading this now, as I write later books, or even after I've finished this series and moved on with my life (if it's possible). I will always read every comment. Always. Because you guys are like little bright spots in my otherwise mundane and gray existence.

So thank you.

~~~~

I was rereading this book, as I went through and polished it for the Wattys, and I put a lot of unintentional foreshadowing in about Wren...

By the way, did you know this book has 64, 850 words? I consider that impressive! (The average YA novel has 50,000 to 80,000 words!)

Anyway, what you all came here for: the author's note and first chapter of Saving Star has been published! Please, go read it! Thanks!