004.

I saw him disappear thru the people and just didn't do anything, I was glued to the floor. I felt a soft touch in my arm and turned around to face Matthias.

"Hey, sorry about that. I tried to save you from a terrible dance but you have to admit, 500.000 is a big amount." He said smiling.

"Danke, Mati but you know you didn't have to." I said and started walking with him.

"I know, I know but I believe in our cause and actually I came with the purpose of donate something for it." He said taking a step towards me to face me.

"I thought that maybe a dance with you would be a fun way of doing it."He said smiling.

Matthias has tried to date me several times, and I always have been honest with him, even tho he is really good looking I don't feel the sparks with him, so I tell him that I only see him as a friend.

"Ja, I know, It would have been fun." I said and we kept walking.

"So how was dance with Marco Reus?" He asked looking at his shoes while we were in the exit.

"It was ok." I simply answered.

"Just ok?" He said looking at me confused.

We were on the entrance of the hotel, I wanted to go home but the party still hasn't finished yet. And I spotted him, Marco. He was far from me but he was talking on the phone and was surrounded by some guys, maybe his friends? I don't know. I looked away because I was embarrassed of my behavior and didn't wanted him to see me there.

"Yeah I mean, he's not a good dancer." I lied.

"I don't think so, he looked smooth." Mati said.

"Yeah, well, I don't know I just don't – I said touching my hair, I had nothing to say- I want to go home, I have a little headache." I finished.

"Are you sure? Are you ok?" He said grabbing my face to examine my eyes.

"How much fingers do you see?" He was acting serious an as a doctor would act.

I laughed.

"Enough, I am fine just a little heachache for the champagne and the spinning maybe.." I said and he nodded.

"Let's go then." He said

"Oh no, it's ok, you don't have to leave the party for me, I would grab a cab and-

"Are you crazy? Of course not, you came with me, you go with me as well." He said and I nodded.

***

I have been thinking about that night at the ball, the things I said to Marco and I realize how rude I was to him. I was speaking about being humble and unselfish and I was acting all bitchy to him. I hated that but apparently he brought the worst of me. I thought about calling him, well he called me so I had his number, but then I felt better not.

I felt this hole in my heart and heard the voice of my grandma saying "You should always amend what you do wrong."

I thought that saying it by the phone it was lame and that It wasn't correct. So, I called Mr. Holden, he gave me his personal card the first time he came with the boys to the hospital and said that he was at our services for anything.

"Hallo, Holden here." He answered serious.

"Hallo Mr. Holden? It's Paulina Vega do you remember-

"Oh Ja of course Dr. Vega. How do you do?" He asked happily.

"Oh great thanks I am calling because-

"Good, did you enjoyed the ball last week? We are so grateful that you come, and the contribution you generate it will definitely be great for you organization." He said

"Ja, I am very thanks tho, I actually wanted to thank Mr. Reus in person. I mean he was really generous to donate that incredibly large amount of money and I never got the chance to thank him."

"I see – I didn't let him finish.

"I was wondering if maybe you can tell me a day and time that he is training to go thank him in person, but I wish it was a surprise, you see?" I asked

"Oh of course Miss, I understand, let me see – He said and I understood that maybe he was looking something – I have my tablet here, I am seeing which day does he.... – he didn't spoke, I was holding in the line waiting – Ja, he has individual training tomorrow morning in the yellow camp." He said

"Great, that would be enough. Could you text me the address?" I asked

"Of course, right away Miss." He said

"Danke Mr. Holden and again, thanks for your wonderful help." I said cordially.

"Oh no problem Dr. Anytime." He replied

We said our goodbyes and hang up. A few minutes later a text message arrived in my inbox from him with the address and I panicked.

***

I woke up at 5 am, I couldn't sleep well. I was kind of afraid because I knew how rude he is and I feared that he would humiliate me or kick me out, I don't know. I just wanted to fix things and erased any bad concept that he has from me.

I took a cold shower, brush my teeth and put on some casual clothes, I chose a red top with long lace sleeves, black jeans, boots and a jaket. I applied minimal make up and did a braid-pony tail. I grabbed some coffee in my way and arrived to the camp. I was entering and some guy asked my name, he checked on a list and nodded me, letting me pass. That must have been Holden maybe.

I did my way to the camp and saw him running around the field. He looked concentrated; I was so far so he would never see me from here. I stayed there until he finished his training 30 minutes after or so. He was now talking with some of the coaches assistants and I stepped out from my spot to come closer to the railing so he could see me. He finished talking and turned around to grab a bottle of water and saw me.