006.

Paulina's POV

It was May 19 and today I was going to see Marco, I didn't know how I felt and I don't know why, but when I saw him my heart kind of jumped a little. He was well dressed and had greet everyone since he entered to the hospital. He spotted me and waved, and I waved back smiling.

-"Hallo." He said to me.

To be honest he looked a bit nervous.

-"Hallo Marco." I said and took a step and hugged him quickly.

I felt his body got tense, he clearly wasn't expecting that, when I broke the hug he was staring me a bit shocked, but I decided to ignore his reactions otherwise I would have to apologize for something I wanted to do.

-"How are you today?" I asked him while pointing him the road.

-"Ahmm.. I am very good actually, Danke- He was looking to the floor while walking – and you?"He asked raising his gaze to meet my eyes.

Hospitals are usually places with bright natural and artificial light, that brings joy and happiness to our patients, keep them fighting for their lives. The light was so bright right now and for the first time I could see his green eyes. They were very very green like woods, forests, leaves, grass.

-"Oh I've been great" I said and smiled to the floor.

Don't know why.

-"I must admit Marco, that some kids are really happy that you're here, doing this." I confess.

-"Oh really? How come?" He asked smiling.

His smile was kind of adorable, it was a crooked smile, but tender and sweet and the same time. This feels different; this is not like the Marco in my date, what happened?

-"Well, you have some little fans here." I said and pointed at a door that had sign that said "BOYS"

He looked at me and smiled.

-"Are you ready?" I asked him and he nodded.

MARCO POV

In the past days I've been thinking and maybe Paulina's idea is good, to get involved with the people I donate money but I was freaking nervous, I don't know if I am good with this stuff. She opened the door and I saw 16 little white beds, one boy in each bed laid down.

She was walking in front of me, obviously she knew the way I was kind of insecure.

-"Boys, I brought you a friend I know you admire so much." She said happily and some of the kids turned around to see.

-"Look who's here, Marco Reus." She said and walked towards.

Immediately like 10 kids started to scream my name and I went to their beds, they asked me questions, we talked about the game, about the Bundesliga, about my career, my favorite players. A couple of minutes later, some nurses entered with boxes of stuff I brought to the kids, I gave them jerseys with my number and they were a bunch of other numbers, some grabbed Hummels, some others Aubameyang and others Durm. They were really happy, I sign some jerseys, we took photos and I have to admit that I was enjoying it.

Suddenly one of the kids began to choke and Paulina ran to him and put him Oxygen Mask and the nurses pull me outside. I was kind of worried, I just took a picture with the kid. I waited in the waiting room and a few minutes later Paulina appeared on the door, she looked exhausted.

-"Is he ok?" I asked worried and she smiled.

-"Benedikt is fine." She replied taking a seat next to me.

-"Benedikt Ja, I know someone with that name." I said

-"Now you know two." She said and we both laughed.

-"What happened to him?" I asked confused.

-"It is the thrill, he just choke a bit, nothing to be worried." She said and smiled.

I smiled back. She is so beautiful and brave, I was just looking at her, her reaction when she heard Benedikt choking and, it is something to admire. We remained silent, and suddenly she grabbed my hand.

-"Thank you for coming Marco, this meant the world to them." She simply said looking at me, her eyes a bit glassy.

I swallowed hard.

-"Paulina, I had a great time. I would love to do it again." I said not moving, I let her grabbed my hand.

She nodded and smiled.

-"I am glad that you enjoyed your time here." She said and let go of my hand.

I felt a void when she let go of my hand, a cold breeze.

-"You look exhausted." I said and she closed her eyes and nodded.

-"Are you free?" I asked and my heart stopped, what the fuck I was doing?

She wouldn't agree to have a glass of water with me, I mean-

-"Ja, I am from now. Wanna grab some lunch?" She asked looking straight into my eyes.

I froze. Her big eyes were a little sad but in some way were thanking me for all that, for coming here, for having this time with her kids, for being nice, for asked about her. I swallowed hard and stood up extending my hands.

-"Let's grab the best pizza in town." I said and she smiled.

-"Ok." She simply said taking my hand.

***

-"Really?" She asked confused.

I laughed.

-"Believe it or not, they do have the best Pizza in town." I replied and invite her in.

-"Ok I believe you it's just – She was looking to the floor now shaking her head – what?" I didn't let her finish.

-"Well, to be honest –I nodded- This doesn't look like the type of restaurants you're used to."She said with a poor smile and I laughed.

-"I know. But this is one of my places." I said.